Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I use a AiM datalogger (EVO4) with a G-Dash display.
It can connect to the bike's CAN-BUS and get a lot of data from the ECU.
But...AiM's products does not support our R1/M's yet.

During the last 2 weeks I've been working with AiM, and today we got several data channels working (RPM, TPS-hand, TPS-TB, air-temp, water-temp, front_wheel_speed, rear_wheel_speed, and some other stuff)

More channels will come soon, and when we're done, their products will support our R1/M '15.

·
Banned
2 Posts
Hi rivmin,

Do you have an update on this? I have an EVO4 and Gdash and would like to connect it to my 2015 Yamaha R1. Thanks.

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi rivmin,

Do you have an update on this? I have an EVO4 and Gdash and would like to connect it to my 2015 Yamaha R1. Thanks.
AiM has released the driver we have been working on.
Update your RaceStudio2, and choose Yamaha_CAN_2015 when building your configuration.

·
SuperbikeUnlimited.com
2,487 Posts
With the help of AiM and SBU my bike has been with AiM for two weeks to develop some firmware for the Strada Dash.

The Strada is able to display things such as,
Gear position
Frnt/Rear wheel speed
Water temp
Air temp
Throttle position from throttle bodies & throttle hand
Pwr mode
TCS
LCS
LFT
SC
LNCH
Suspension setting (r1m)
And Brake pressure to name a few...

More is being developed to make the Strada function similar to the stock dash. Such as alarms when the TCS is working for example....

Also found out our stock dash display completes the entire electronics package of our bikes. The ecu and imu need the stock dash to work.

Removing the dash does not allow TCS...LIF...etc etc to work and will begin to throw codes on ecu. The dash needs to be on the bike for these to work properly.

AiM has a solution coming to them that will hopefully fix this issue within a few days. This will allow removal of the stock dash, install of the Strada and have all electronics function as they should with display settings of choice through the AiM studio3.

And yes..AiM is working to make this a true plug and play set up. Also stock controls would keep their oem functions i.e. menu scoll feature/navigation buttons etc is in the works too.

Its close.... But small things need to be taken care of still.....

Ill update as info gets to me.

(I have my bike and no strada installed yet) Waiting for AiM to let me know next step it will be bitchin....

·
Gian11
1,614 Posts
Also found out our stock dash display completes the entire electronics package of our bikes. The ecu and imu need the stock dash to work.

Removing the dash does not allow TCS...LIF...etc etc to work and will begin to throw codes on ecu. The dash needs to be on the bike for these to work properly.
good info. Guess the guys at I2M had that figured out with their own dash already.
I´m looking to upgrade but will wait for more info on this one Tony.

·
Registered
511 Posts
good info. Guess the guys at I2M had that figured out with their own dash already.
I´m looking to upgrade but will wait for more info on this one Tony.
I just ordered an I2m chrome. It is a complete plug and play kit.

Sent from my XT1635-02 using Tapatalk

·
Gian11
1,614 Posts
I just ordered an I2m chrome. It is a complete plug and play kit.

Sent from my XT1635-02 using Tapatalk
yes it is. They got 3 models of their dash too. The top one even reads out heart rates through wifi and a heart rate monitor so you can see your own physical performance which is kinda cool to build a better fitness program for riding.

·
MRA Racer
80 Posts
Man those look sexy.

·
SuperbikeUnlimited.com
2,487 Posts
Final piece to the puzzle.
AiM will see what can be accessed or locked. They are aware of the description given on the website.

Updates to come....
as soon as I modify my motoholders upper for mounting the Strada and trying to put back together what I never shoulda tried on my own.

It may be months...

Sent from my 2PYB2 using Tapatalk

·
SuperbikeUnlimited.com
2,487 Posts
I hope so too. Would love to do a dash but really want something that is almost plug and play. Ty for the info and good luck!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I am very hopeful but I have some leniency that things will not be 100% Base models would probably benefit easier due to non ers suspension

But that has yet to be determined.

8,544 Posts
I am very hopeful but I have some leniency that things will not be 100% Base models would probably benefit easier due to non ers suspension

But that has yet to be determined.

True maybe you can make those ers changes via the app and phone.

Personally, I have the ers on manual mode. My settings don’t match the auto ones at all. And since there is only plus or minus 5, it’s useless for me.

·
SuperbikeUnlimited.com
2,487 Posts
True maybe you can make those Wes changes via the app and phone.

Personally, I have the ers on manual mode. My settings don’t match the auto ones at all. And since there is only plus or minus 5, it’s useless for me.

I didnt think about the app connection.... I will bring that up!!!

·
SuperbikeUnlimited.com
2,487 Posts
Since your removing the dash, I wonder if the app or ers stops working. I know you have the dash delete from ftecu, but interested in the results.

Ftecu told me there should be no diff with the r1m dash controls. Time will tell....

1 - 20 of 42 Posts