Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

21 - 40 of 42 Posts

·
Gian11
1,614 Posts

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
Finally got my final version mounting bracket in. The installation of my AiM MXS dash logger is now complete. This dash barely fits in exactly the same location as stock. Way nicer than the I2M Chrome!

Attachments

·
Registered
2,522 Posts
Very nice! We're using one on the ZX-10RR build we've got going and everyone is in love with it. It's very powerful and simply nice to look at.

·
Registered
339 Posts
Finally got my final version mounting bracket in. The installation of my AiM MXS dash logger is now complete. This dash barely fits in exactly the same location as stock. Way nicer than the I2M Chrome!
What does Aim dash offer over stock? Does it have Aim solo 2 laptimer included or still need to be purchased separately?

·
SuperbikeUnlimited.com
2,482 Posts
Okie dokie!

Update:

Picked up bike from AiM with some new finds about the MX Strada

If you have an R1M, you will sacrifice...

1) The ohlins ERS. No adjustability and it defaults to a +5 setting in reb/comp.
--immidiate fix? Pull off ERS system for standard suspension.
--Per FTECU, the dash elim kit was not designed to support the ERS. At this time they do not know if they will.
-- AiM will fix this issue directly in house now that they know current issues and wiring. Do not call n ask, its G37 classified and they will hang up on you after you hear them laugh.

Both R1/R1m

1)Slide Control is locked off

2) No low fuel light(can be installed with additional sensor that is avail)

3) No Brake pressure indication like stock dash. (can be installed with aditional sensor that is avail)

The stuff it can do...

Air Temp
Throttle Position
Coolant Temp
ABS Indication
Traction Control Indication level
Lap Indicator
Lap Time
Gear Indicator
Power Mode
Launch Control
Lift Control
Battery
Low Oil
Wheel Speeds
AND all the extra AiM products can be plugged in.

RPM lights, shift lights in diff colors...

Alarms can be set to alert when a function is activating with an LED and designate which LED and color.

Expample, coolant temp.

You can set a temp you want to reach for warm up. You can set an alarm with LED warning light that will go off when your desired coolant temp is met. Also hi temp warnings if you like.

In my honest opinion, this is more suited for a standard R1, R1s or R1M without ERS. Its ready to ROCK!!

AiM made a plug n play harness for me so that I can switch from oem to Strada within seconds. You will need to modify the dash mount area to fit the AiM. I can litteraly take it off mine and let a buddy use it on their R1.

I know someone posted a i2M Chrome that is a plug and play system retaining oem features. It is a nice system and pretty trick with its higher models.. However the AiM allows so much more to be done with its base model and personalize it ways that suit you.

That is all for now.

Sent from my 2PYB2 using Tapatalk

·
MRA Racer
80 Posts
All that for a fancy dash and no slide control? Pass.
What am I missing? Why would anyone want to totally eliminate slide control?

·
SuperbikeUnlimited.com
2,482 Posts
awesome being the guinnea pig for the community bro. Thanks for that.

So basically you are saying that slide control cannot be activated at all with that dash?

The ERS stuff is a big thing for those with R1Ms. At least it would be for me if I had spent the extra 5k for it.
Correct, slide control is locked OFF.

Same here, I enjoy it and and happy with it. My bike will not be a true dedicated track/race bike so the ERS suits me just dandy.

·
SuperbikeUnlimited.com
2,482 Posts
All that for a fancy dash and no slide control? Pass.
What am I missing? Why would anyone want to totally eliminate slide control?
That is just the FTECU software. It does not support it for some reason......

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
That is just the FTECU software. It does not support it for some reason......
It's probably because the microcontroller they are using for the dash delete doesn't have enough I/Os for switching control of the SCS. They claim it's because their experience working with MotoAmerica riders not preferring the SCS.

·
SuperbikeUnlimited.com
2,482 Posts
It's probably because the microcontroller they are using for the dash delete doesn't have enough I/Os for switching control of the SCS. They claim it's because their experience working with MotoAmerica riders not preferring the SCS.
I called ftecu also, they told me they used an r1m they have in their shop to delvelop this kit.

But you are 100% correct...the intentions are for 100% race.

·
SuperbikeUnlimited.com
2,482 Posts
So when you say slide control is locked off, does that mean SCS is actually turned off, or it uses whatever SCS setting you had before you removed the stock dash?

I like SCS, not being able to adjust it is ok, but having it turned off is a NO NO for me....just curious!!

Thanks!!
SC is "OFF" per ftecu. They said it was preferred off during development.

Sent from my stoopid phone using Tapatalk

·
kickin' at the darkness
10,307 Posts
I like SCS, not being able to adjust it is ok, but having it turned off is a NO NO for me....just curious!!

Thanks!!
I was going to say something similar but figured an actual owner would chime, so thanks! :laugh:

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hi guys

Thought I would chime in since this is basically the only thread I can find regarding FT ECU and AIM logging

2012 r6, ft race team package, AIM evo4

This project has killed me, I tossed the bike aside 12 months ago because of it and pulled it back out to try again a few weeks ago.

So I buy the FT race package aim enabled $700us, aim evo4 off ebay $1300us, AIM ecu interface cable for the r6 $50us. I put it all together and it doesn't work hmmmm

I contact FT via there support desk.. I wait days and days... No response.... I call them from Australia, after a long time talking and referring to colleagues Oh you need a converter from Aim "a FT special one", not the one you bought off the AIM website zero mention of this anywhere before purchase !

I contact Aim Australia, They have absolutely no idea what I am talking about

I contact Aim US, in particular the office near FT Yes you need a converter module, I can make one for you as its a bit of a special item $180us... The item was lost in the post! After 3 months Aim US sent another (many thanks given)

I wire it up... it doesn't work

I call FT....after many many of minutes answering the same questionsdo you have a TOS sensor jumper yes I do its a YEC one (its a simple resistor same same yec or ft ecu) No you need a special FT one... fml, fine $60us

FT TOS jumper turns up, and guess what? it functions exactly the same as the yec one and didn't make any difference!

I call FT.... Its not working still, Oh looks like on our system you have the 08 bike side harness, you need the race team package bike side harness FML fine $250us (there website mentions this but its worded very well to miss it.

Still not working they were meant to call me back last week but didn't

The FT install document ion is terrible and leaves alot of educated fingers crossed guessing (I understand the r6 has a number of ecu's, harness's and combos etc etc, but FT needs to have all this sorted before selling a plug and play kit that claims to do a million things...... if your still in the beta stage, thats cool but dont treat me like shit, milk me for all the money you can then give no support)

If you guys know any r6 FT Aim combo users, please hook me up would love a chat

FML I will never ever recommend FT to any fellow racer ever again..... Nor Meen motorsports but that's a different story, God help him if I ever come to the US

·
SuperbikeUnlimited.com
2,482 Posts
Hi guys

Thought I would chime in since this is basically the only thread I can find regarding FT ECU and AIM logging

2012 r6, ft race team package, AIM evo4

This project has killed me, I tossed the bike aside 12 months ago because of it and pulled it back out to try again a few weeks ago.

So I buy the FT race package aim enabled $700us, aim evo4 off ebay $1300us, AIM ecu interface cable for the r6 $50us. I put it all together and it doesn't work hmmmm

I contact FT via there support desk.. I wait days and days... No response.... I call them from Australia, after a long time talking and referring to colleagues Oh you need a converter from Aim "a FT special one", not the one you bought off the AIM website zero mention of this anywhere before purchase !

I contact Aim Australia, They have absolutely no idea what I am talking about

I contact Aim US, in particular the office near FT Yes you need a converter module, I can make one for you as its a bit of a special item $180us... The item was lost in the post! After 3 months Aim US sent another (many thanks given)

I wire it up... it doesn't work

I call FT....after many many of minutes answering the same questionsdo you have a TOS sensor jumper yes I do its a YEC one (its a simple resistor same same yec or ft ecu) No you need a special FT one... fml, fine $60us

FT TOS jumper turns up, and guess what? it functions exactly the same as the yec one and didn't make any difference!

I call FT.... Its not working still, Oh looks like on our system you have the 08 bike side harness, you need the race team package bike side harness FML fine $250us (there website mentions this but its worded very well to miss it.

Still not working they were meant to call me back last week but didn't

The FT install document ion is terrible and leaves alot of educated fingers crossed guessing (I understand the r6 has a number of ecu's, harness's and combos etc etc, but FT needs to have all this sorted before selling a plug and play kit that claims to do a million things...... if your still in the beta stage, thats cool but dont treat me like shit, milk me for all the money you can then give no support)

If you guys know any r6 FT Aim combo users, please hook me up would love a chat

FML I will never ever recommend FT to any fellow racer ever again..... Nor Meen motorsports but that's a different story, God help him if I ever come to the US
Get the i2M Dash from superbikeunlimited.com
True plug n play with data logging, gps track recognition and much more.

21 - 40 of 42 Posts