Ok, so my 03 has 5,945 miles on it now. I've done all the oil
changes myself. I got to thinking to myself I really need to take
a look at the air filter. So, with nothing better to do I started the
process to the airbox. Got the airbox cover off and I about flipped
out. The air fliter was spotless. No dust, dirt particles or bugs. No
nothing!!! The filter looked like I had just put a new one in. I
couldn't believe it. Plus, I've been caught in the masses of love
bugs down here a couple of times. Plus, it was much easier to
get then on my YZF 600R. I like the way the tank just tilts up.

·
Off Topic mod
11,217 Posts
I was so used to the ram air on my 2001 GSXR 750 that when I opened the R1 airbox I as also shocked to see how clean it was :lol

·
Registered
118 Posts
the size of the stock airbox inlet im suprised even air gets in there. i just did dop airbox mod and then some, with graves stacks. boy what a difference,and the exhaust tone got much deeper.im sure now that the filter will get disgusting quick. but hey performance means maintainance.
whats up with the lake placid ride. ordered my leathers and boots should be in in a couple weeks. id like to break them in on a long ride.

silver03r-1

·
My R1 eats my paycheck
246 Posts
silver03R-1 said:
the size of the stock airbox inlet im suprised even air gets in there. i just did dop airbox mod and then some, with graves stacks. boy what a difference,and the exhaust tone got much deeper.im sure now that the filter will get disgusting quick. but hey performance means maintainance.
whats up with the lake placid ride. ordered my leathers and boots should be in in a couple weeks. id like to break them in on a long ride.

silver03r-1
What kind of a difference did you get? What other mods do you have? I have a slip on , k&n filter ,stacks and pc3. I'm debating to do the dop mod.Did you lose any low end,or have to richen it up?
Sorry for all the question, but I like to tap the wealth of knowledge on the forum.

Thanx
Kevin

·
Registered
118 Posts
kkameny said:
What kind of a difference did you get? What other mods do you have? I have a slip on , k&n filter ,stacks and pc3. I'm debating to do the dop mod.Did you lose any low end,or have to richen it up?
Sorry for all the question, but I like to tap the wealth of knowledge on the forum.

Thanx
Kevin
ive got the exact same mods as you. but i cut the inlet hole much larger than in dops instructions. but i tried it first with just dops inst.and then enlarged it after a few runs. but an incredible difference,with no loss anywhere. also the exhaust tone will become much deeper. since i havent dynoed the bike im unsure of exact gains or rich/lean conditions. but the bike seems to be running richer. but with out the dyno im not going to mess with map or bottons to rich/lean. if you want pics of my cut out pm me
your e-mail address as the pics are to big to post or pm.

silver03r-1

·
Super Moderator
21,675 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
silver03R-1 said:

silver03r-1
Hey dude, there may be something going for this Saturday in
Sebring. Some other guys are planning on coming from West
Palm. The plan is to run .6 mile track in the Sebring area. Plus,
I'd like to do some of the twisties in the area. I'll post something
in the local meets section.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts