Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Honest officer, IT WASNT ME!!!
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey there straight line freaks. How about every body post up pics of their air shifter cyl mounting. I know most are pretty straight forward but lets see some of the custom jobs. Here are some pics of mine.

Attachments

·
Still Slow
289 Posts
that looks pretty clean. i like how its totally out the way of your foot. i would post a pic of mine but it is as straightforward as you can get. nice job on yours though

·
Ghostrider Squadron
9,251 Posts
cmon man.. take off lower and get good shot.. that really clean looking. did u fab parts or what did u use? gonna remount mine in new spot this winter

·
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Heres some pics with the fairing out of the way. As you can see I used the backside of the lower fairing bolt hole. A link to go from a slightly longer shift lever to the cyl and a few hoses. Pretty simple but out of the way and works great.

Attachments

·
Ghostrider Squadron
9,251 Posts
very nice..
??? tho... what is the piece that is bolts??(not sure) to the shift arm?? is it just bolted to one side of shift arm, or is it welded to it. looks like the shift rod is on back side of the lever. or is lever different from a different bike?? just curious.. its very clean setup

·
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
Its just a little billet link. I put a bolt all the way through the shift rod hiem joint, through the shift lever and to that little link. It was just one I had laying around. If I was to build one I would make a direct fit link. The one that is on there has an extra hole in it. One of these days I will trim it down and get rid of the that extra mass. If the shift cyl had been 1/2 inch shorter I could have mounted it direct to the shift lever, but I am just to lazy right now to turn it down and retap the threads on the cyl. The cyl only has to stroke maby 3/4 of an inch and it has about 3 inches of throw so there is plenty of travel. The shift lever is another I had just laying around. it is slightly longer than stock and has a bit different offset. Sorry cant be of more help there, that was one of those hey check this out it might work better than having to build something from scratch.

·
My R1 feeds me.
31 Posts
air shifter

Very nice install of an air shifter, I wish air shifter kits came with brackets because metal fab ain't one of my strong suits.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.