Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Honest officer, IT WASNT ME!!!
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey there straight line freaks. How about every body post up pics of their air shifter cyl mounting. I know most are pretty straight forward but lets see some of the custom jobs. Here are some pics of mine.

Attachments

·
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Heres some pics with the fairing out of the way. As you can see I used the backside of the lower fairing bolt hole. A link to go from a slightly longer shift lever to the cyl and a few hoses. Pretty simple but out of the way and works great.

Attachments

·
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
Its just a little billet link. I put a bolt all the way through the shift rod hiem joint, through the shift lever and to that little link. It was just one I had laying around. If I was to build one I would make a direct fit link. The one that is on there has an extra hole in it. One of these days I will trim it down and get rid of the that extra mass. If the shift cyl had been 1/2 inch shorter I could have mounted it direct to the shift lever, but I am just to lazy right now to turn it down and retap the threads on the cyl. The cyl only has to stroke maby 3/4 of an inch and it has about 3 inches of throw so there is plenty of travel. The shift lever is another I had just laying around. it is slightly longer than stock and has a bit different offset. Sorry cant be of more help there, that was one of those hey check this out it might work better than having to build something from scratch.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.