Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
DILLIGAF
4,472 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Sato & Ti Force rearsets

I'm looking into some rearsets for my 05. I've read through several threads and looked a lots of pictures. I'm leaning toward the satos but it looks like there's no place to mount the spring on the brake pedal. Does this cause the rear brake to stick if I forget to pull it back up? Also I like the look of the Ti Force rearsets but I haven't seen them mentioned on any threads. Does any one here have any input on them? Thanks in advance for any opinions.

·
Wheelie Makin' MoFo
659 Posts
i have vortex ones for my 07 and love them. im also selling some vortex ones for an 07 but i dont think they will fit the 05?

·
Administrator
25,213 Posts
No worries about the rear brake spring. I didn't install it and I've never had any issues with brake drag on my 05 R1.

·
My R1 Loves to Eat!
51 Posts
I have Sato's on my '04 and love 'em... They are very nicely made, fit geat, and were easily convertible to reverse shift (if that's important to you). I bought Arata's for the bike first--they were also very nicely made, fit great, and even had a mount for the brake light switch and the spring. Frankly, they were much better for a streetbike, but they were not reversible and I'm just too used to reverse-shift... In both cases, shifting remained crisp, and actually had improved "throw" because they were adjusted perfectly. My .02....

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.