Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ive decided that im going to buy an Akra system but im alittle confused. I have got the Harris catalogue and there is the "Race Conical" and the "Full Titanium Race Conical". Whats the difference?? because i know there is the full evolution system aswell. :confused:

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Bump

·
Banned
3,514 Posts
R1LOON said:
Ive decided that im going to buy an Akra system but im alittle confused. I have got the Harris catalogue and there is the "Race Conical" and the "Full Titanium Race Conical". Whats the difference?? because i know there is the full evolution system aswell. :confused:
the 'race conical' is the regular race system... made of stainless steel. the 'full titanium race conical' IS the Evolution System - same design/hp as the race but made of titanim

btw, the race and evo will produce the same hp #s,,, you will save a few lbs with the evo, but spend $400-$500 more

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Im kinda getting it now, So the only difference between the Full Titanium Race Conical and the Evolution is that the conical is 4-2-1 and the evolution is 4-1. But they are both still full titanium? Am I right. Sorry for the dumb ass questions.

Cheers for your help

Paul

·
Registered
331 Posts
Both systems are 4-2-1. The Evo sys. is titanium. In other words its lighter. Same power as the carbon fiber...just lighter. And a lot more $ching$. I just put the full sys. on mine. Amazing difference. 2 different bikes. I went with the Carbon Fiber. Also...try tobefast.com. Their prices were great.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts