Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
My Mac eats your PC
156 Posts
I have termi carbon slips and y-pipe, not a full system, but halfway there. They were a royal pain to install, but they do look and sound amazing. In hindsight I should have gone akro. Oh well, next time.

·
R is for Respect
49 Posts
the Carbon Akro --- looks absolutely killer..... and has a real deep note. Both the Carbon tip and the Carbon canister look sweet.

If you have a Duc -- but the Teri.

If you want every last horsepower the R1 will put out? get the Graves.

·
My R1 is faster than yours
1,505 Posts
^x2 the graves give you awesome power but they are so retardedly loud and obnoxious....it drove me nuts
akras look damn good but decals drive me nuts too

·
it's all about bikes & boards
20 Posts
I had a Akra on my R6 and loved it! But I put a Graves full-system on the R1. If you want looks, go with Akra....if you want power go with the Graves!
Is that true?? I was going to order the CF Acro Evo full system for a 06. But if the Graves system brings more power I may consider that. How significant is that extra power. What numbers are we talking here?

·
Drop a gear and Disappear!
1,922 Posts
I can't stand that Akro... mainly because I hate loud obnoxious decals. Can you take those off? I figured more people would take them off it were possible.
theyre stickers they peel right off use a hair dryer to help soffen the glue

·
The Goldenchild
4,451 Posts

·
My R1 is faster than yours
1,505 Posts
Is that true?? I was going to order the CF Acro Evo full system for a 06. But if the Graves system brings more power I may consider that. How significant is that extra power. What numbers are we talking here?
i cant give you actual numbers but the graves full system was the best exhaust i have had hands down as far as power goes....its significant trust me

but as i said before listen to a clip on you tube or something because they are really loud and raspy

·
Khaos
1,344 Posts
i had the graves on mine, with f/p v stacks, pc3, custom map, bmc race filter, and graves smog blocks, i put out 167.3...but the dyno could have been reading high, or maybe low...who really knows lol

·
Registered
8,468 Posts
termi and akra would be my first pics for the r1. You can't go wrong with either one. Akra would be on my top of the list for every manufacturer but they are the only one that I like for every single brand. yosh/m4 for suz, 2bro for honda, etc...akra and termi are the top dogs of the yami world imo

·
Draggin chest hairs since 2008
1,313 Posts
Corey how do you feel about Sato exhaust for R1. Not a lot of guys are using them especially the moto gp canisters. Is there a reason that?

·
Candy Freakin Red
1,429 Posts
Dude, why'd you get rid of the 50th????

·
Local Pavement Ripper
1,669 Posts
Do the Akra set. I've been alot happier with Akra's than my friend's Termi's.

1 - 20 of 50 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.