Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
all im hearing is LETS GO!
684 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,
Ok so ive decided to put my Akra EVO2 on even though im still waiting for my right can :bash

But after all the fun with getting my left can actually on all the way it doesnt look right??!

Does this look right or not? The gap looks HUGE to me, am I right or am I paranoid...?

Attachments

·
I like curves
107 Posts
I just found out that my akrapovic evo2 full exhaust was rubbing my swingarm the other day. Talking about pissed. I have a 05 gsxr 1k.

·
684 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yeh im gonna be pissed if this is how it fits! i would have to consider introducing it to the bin.... im sure they would be good friends..... REALLY GOOD FRIENDS!
more than likely I just haven't adjusted it properly, thats all

·
R1 Addiction
16,591 Posts
Hey all,
Ok so ive decided to put my Akra EVO2 on even though im still waiting for my right can :bash

But after all the fun with getting my left can actually on all the way it doesnt look right??!

Does this look right or not? The gap looks HUGE to me, am I right or am I paranoid...?

the look about the same as Speeds' do. might be a little different with both of them on

·
Registered
8,468 Posts
you have to make sure you adjust and fit them properly. We had many complaints with the termi system, but even with a returned system one guy told us "send me the bad system as many can't install them right" and sure enough he sent us pics and they fit right up. With the r1 you have to mess around with fitment, but i will say in the manufacturers defense that most do fit and are install issues, not all, but most. Just like what speedy said, you have to play with them and move them around, but they fit perfectly once in there.

·
684 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanx Guys, guess i'll be getting a torque bit to loosen the subframe up so I can get in better and try adjusting it from there, gonna have to remove the subframe to fit the GYTR up right anyway, i'll post up some pictures and a sound clip for a laugh when im done, you will probably like how it sounds
Regards Gaz

·
18x HP literbike killer
3,774 Posts
Those Evo 2 systems look great, I wouldn't worry, you will get it fitted right, it looks close now, Akro is a great system...

The guy with the Gixxer 1000, that sux it rubbed your swingarm, were the collectors installed OK(fitment issue), or was it a defect?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.