Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Recently purchased an akrapovic slip on for my R1. Apologies if I sound ignorant here, but my one appears to have some kind of insert or baffle in it (see attached image), which I really don't like the look of, but it appears all the akrapovic slip ons now have this.
I personally really like the look of the ones without this, as I've seen a lot of R1's without it.

Does anyone know why they added this and if there's any possible way of removing it?

Thanks

Attachments

·
Registered
197 Posts
Recently purchased an akrapovic slip on for my R1. Apologies if I sound ignorant here, but my one appears to have some kind of insert or baffle in it (see attached image), which I really don't like the look of, but it appears all the akrapovic slip ons now have this.
I personally really like the look of the ones without this, as I've seen a lot of R1's without it.

Does anyone know why they added this and if there's any possible way of removing it?

Thanks
My Akra slip-on is the same. All of the new versions have that piece added so that a sound dampening insert can be installed, which you have to purchase separately of course. The old versions had no way to quiet the exhaust which is necessary in order to ride on a lot of tracks that may have noise restrictions, or I guess some people might want their bike to be quieter. Personally I wouldn't try to remove it. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Same here , really like the old style better. So bought the end cap to replace the newer style. Looks much nicer.
C6AE1C51-0C5D-4B26-917B-8C23A6381B8F.jpeg

·
Registered
6 Posts
Looks so much better! Where did you get the old one from and how much did it cost you? I'm in Australia so I reckon I would be paying stupid amounts to get hold of one
I bought it from carpimoto in Italy. ( carpimoto.it ) it was $105 US with shipping.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts