Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

· Registered
219 Posts
They fit on mine. If your pipes fit on the stock y-pipe you will have no problems.

· Registered
219 Posts
Hehehehe, did someone say pics???

* someday I aspire to be a picture postwhore like Bogie.

Attachments

· Registered
219 Posts
Oh, BTW, I think the y-pipe was one of the best bang for the buck performance mod's I've done.

Attachments

· 18x HP literbike killer
3,787 Posts
heres my Akrapovic Y pipe with GYTR slip ons, they fit with the same OEM muffler gaskets as stock, so if the Yoshis dont use the gaskets, they won't with the Akra ...Akra is the same diameter outlet as the cat, so I would bet 99% no problem.....

· 18x HP literbike killer
3,787 Posts
I'm looking at buying the Akra y-pipe. Are you able to screw in the 02 sensor in the Akra y-pipe, or do you have to get used to an engine code going off once installed?
Yes, you can screw in the sensor. If your running a PC or any other FI module, just leave the screw in the Y pipe, the stock 02 sensor will screw with the PC mapping so leave the 02 sensor out.....

I have the Dobeck Fastcard, no 02 sensor, and Akra Y pipe with GYTR slip ons, runs great...also running forum member MRGRN's custom CF heat shield, screws right into Akra or stock Y pipe....

all the stock 02 sensor does is lean the mixture out for emissions....if you take it out even with no PC it will be fine, if you plan on putting a FI module soon, just leave the screw in there, cause it's already safety wired

· --
27 Posts
Thanks bmack. Everything is stock now. I plan on just modifying my silencer with a baffle kit and getting the y-pipe and most likely a power commander. These will be xmas gifts, so i have to wait and see how it all works out.

· Registered
1 Posts
Yoshimura slip on with akrapovic Y pipe for 2008 R1

I could not really find out that if Akrapovic Y pipe fits with yoshimura slip on for 2008 r1 . Can anybody answer this please ? and if you have such combination can you put some pictures of them..

· Registered
568 Posts
Isn't the Y pipe the same dimensions as stock, without the cats? If so, any slip on should fit.....right?

1 - 20 of 33 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.