Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi to all.
It 'the first time that I write on this forum truly beautiful and complete.
I became a happy owner of a beautiful yamaha r1 2002.
I decided to open this new topic because I was given, purchased on e-bay, this truly comprehensive electronic alarm.
I'm having some difficulty to install it.
I state that my R1 has, under the pilot seat and close the ECU, two female connectors (one 6-pin rectangular and one triangular 3-pin) for the alarm.
Now, I would like to connect with faston the alarm wires directly to these connectors, avoiding, thus, to cut wires in other parts of the original electric system.
However, regarding the connection of wires +, -, + locked and signal, no problem, I managed, with a tester, to identify where to connect to these connectors.
I am, however, crazy to see where to connect the blue wire (for the remote engine start) and the two wires pink and gray (for the anti-hijacking during running from the remote).
Is there anyone who can help me in this mission impossible (at least for me)?
Thanks in advance for those who want to give me a hand.

467 Posts
Hey, did you manage to install that alarm system?
I just bought a similar one, its the Beret 5000m. From what i hear its is pretty much identical to your system.
I would like to install it without splicing any wires if possible. can you take pictures of your wiring harness for me please?

I have a 98 R1, but seeing that it can be done would be a great help.

Thanks!

Hi to all.
It 'the first time that I write on this forum truly beautiful and complete.
I became a happy owner of a beautiful yamaha r1 2002.
I decided to open this new topic because I was given, purchased on e-bay, this truly comprehensive electronic alarm.
I'm having some difficulty to install it.
I state that my R1 has, under the pilot seat and close the ECU, two female connectors (one 6-pin rectangular and one triangular 3-pin) for the alarm.
Now, I would like to connect with faston the alarm wires directly to these connectors, avoiding, thus, to cut wires in other parts of the original electric system.
However, regarding the connection of wires +, -, + locked and signal, no problem, I managed, with a tester, to identify where to connect to these connectors.
I am, however, crazy to see where to connect the blue wire (for the remote engine start) and the two wires pink and gray (for the anti-hijacking during running from the remote).
Is there anyone who can help me in this mission impossible (at least for me)?
Thanks in advance for those who want to give me a hand.

·
I wreck my R1
6,172 Posts
I just bought a similar one, its the Beret 5000m. From what i hear its is pretty much identical to your system.
I would like to install it without splicing any wires if possible. can you take pictures of your wiring harness for me please?

Thanks!
Thank you for bumping this epic thread! :bow

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Hi, it's a pleasure helping you.
I installed it using the two alarm's white connector under the rider's seat.
One is six pin rectangular and the other is 3 pin triangular.
You must connect red wire to positive battery terminal; black wire to negative battery terminal; the two flashing light wires to the central pin of the six pin alarm's connector; the +12v key wire to the pin located to the upper right corner of the six pin alarm's connector.
I hopes to have you helped, and sorry for my english.

Thanks!
________
Web shows

·
Never forget!!!
711 Posts
Hey guys i just purchased a Spy 5000 alarm system for 85.00 :) ill be installing it this weekend hjow hard is it to install?

·
Never forget!!!
711 Posts
I will post pics when installing

Sent from my iPhone using MO Free

·
Registered
2 Posts
Okay, bringing this back from the dead once again. I'm about to buy the spy security System with remote start off ebay. Runs just shy of 100 dollars. How hard is iinstallation, what all is needed? Any help is really apappricated. Btw, I have a 2006 R1. No mods beside a Aftermarket exhaust. Thanks

·
Registered
2 Posts
Find it laying on the ground? I really just want the start so I can start it from inside my house while it's in the garage. Hate waiting for it to warm up.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts