Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Only Corners Matter
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking to buy a new pair of gloves and will probably go with the trusy Held Profi's but was wondering if anyone had the GP Pro's and what they thought of them

·
Thriller
3,589 Posts
I just bought a pair this week, but I have only worn them once. They seem great from my limited experience. Good fit, but a little snug right now. Very nice feel to the leather and good quality though.

·
we meat again
18,549 Posts
I've a pair since last summer. At the beginning, you really have to break them in before it get comfortable, cause with their new "injection-molded PU" knuckle system, it was kind of hard for the my pinky finger at the beginning. Once it broken in, it's really nice though. :yesnod Also, the GP-Pro has the "ram-air" type of ventilation system, which is really great for the hot weather, you can feel the air flow sometimes.

;)

·
wanna B on the Track
1,249 Posts
great protection...... i field tested mine.. haha

·
we meat again
18,549 Posts
R1Hooligan said:
hey valerossi, can u close the ram air - gets kinda cold up here sometimes:(
Unfortunately, you can't. :( Yeah we get a bit chill here too starting end of September. :( Then you may as well get the GP-Plus instead, plus you'll save a few dollar too. :yesnod Some of the GP/SBK guys still prefer the GP-Plus.

;)

·
Old enough to know better
177 Posts
Had mine for a year now and really like them. They do seem to run a bit small, so if you"re between sizes I would recommend the next bigger size. After a little break-in time, you'll love 'em.

·
Banned
9,570 Posts
rottenr1 said:
Had mine for a year now and really like them. They do seem to run a bit small, so if you"re between sizes I would recommend the next bigger size. After a little break-in time, you'll love 'em.
:iamwithst

I've had mine for almost 6 year now. They are GREAT!!

·
Suicide Kings Racing
2,183 Posts
r1-superstar said:
:iamwithst

I've had mine for almost 6 year now. They are GREAT!!

they came out last year

:fact

·
Suicide Kings Racing
2,183 Posts
r1-superstar said:
:lol I thought I saw GP Plus. Thanks..........db

P.S They still run a size smaller than normal.

i'm just messin with you

·
Do what u love love what u do
402 Posts
gloves

I have a real nice pair of joe rocket Nicky Hayden replica with carbon for sale size med $80..

·
Do what u love love what u do
402 Posts
gloves

have a real nice pair of joe rocket Nicky Hayden replica with carbon for sale size med $80..

Attachments

·
Banned
9,570 Posts
mgraham224 said:
I won't buy alpinestars again because of my GP Plus's. They were a one-crash glove. Can't vouch for the Pro's though, may be different.
Then they served their purpose. Please tell me how many five crash lids are out there? Not One!!

P.S. Just stay off the ground, problem solved.:thumbup

·
D= V x T
1,247 Posts
at first I thought I made a mistake buying them takes a while to break them in, but I love them now:) as the other guys said they do run small

·
Thriller
3,589 Posts
Yeah, I have noticed that they are very tight especailly in the thenar eminence area( thumb muscles), but that is improving. Great gloves

1 - 20 of 22 Posts