Votes: 47 58.0%
  • TERMI!!!

Votes: 34 42.0%
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Draggin chest hairs since 2008
1,313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
My birthday is right around the corner, and my lovely girlfriend is getting a set of slip-ons with a Y pipe. I have been going back and forth for weeks trying to decide, but I need to decide so she can order them this week in time for my birthday.

Heres what Im working with

Option 1: Termignoni Carbon Fiber slip-ons with the Y-pipe.

Option 2: Akarapovic Titanium slip-ons with the Y-pipe.

Which ever set I choose will be mailed directly to Wheats house to be shortened. They wont be shortened by much, just a couple of inches so that they will line up directly with the tail light instead of extending passed the tail light.

Okay so I photoshopped both. This is exactly what I will be doing with the bike. Black Marchi's and black rearsets, and whatever pipes I go with.

The Termis look great, and would really set of the replica look considering Rossi's M1 has termi on it. However, Ive heard people complain about fitment issues saying they are a real biatch to line them up to look right. I also heard the welds arent the greatest. Dan Kyle thinks they are one of the worst exhausts on the market. Akrapovic I have heard nothing bad about. My only issue is they wont be loud enough for me, but with some chopping down that should up the volume a tad. The welds and construction of this exhaust is top notch it seems. My hommie Luis has them and loves his.

So that being said, please vote and let me know what you think I should go with. These past few weeks have been painful and I want it to all come to an end.

Oh and, the Termi set-up will be about 200$ cheaper all together.

TERMIGNONI:

AKRAPOVIC:

Thanks for your help! Merry Christmas guys!

Edit:

Carbon Graves anyone?

·
1,313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
These 2 are the ones that really stood out for me. The carbon Akras look good, but I dont think would look as good on my bike. Graves is nice, but just didnt do it for me, looked kind of plain IMO.

·
R1 Addiction
16,591 Posts
get the akra's. you can order them with the shorties if you go full system, so you don't need to have them cut. Motomummy has them for sale. don't know if they have the shorties as just a slip

·
1,313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
To get the shorties you need to get the full system which I am not going to do for a few reasons. Wheatman can easily modify any pipe for me to my desired length. I will most likely shorten anything I get.

Graves isnt completely out of the picture, but its in 3rd place right now compared with these two. Not sure what I want as of right now, and I dont wanna regret my decision later on. Ive been running searches for pics all day but ever since the forum went down a lot of pics arent coming up anymore.

·
Forum Moderator
32,430 Posts
Akrapovic

·
792.6 miles from the Gap
1,189 Posts
Termi only cuz you bought a replica bike finish the replica.

·
Premium Member
30,475 Posts
Outta those two Akrapovic is the best choice.. Quality wise they are notches above Termis.. Termi's are nice don't get me wrong but the weld are big and bubble like, not the smooth near flawless welds you get with Akras or Graves... :fact Can't wait to see them on the bike! :fact

1 - 20 of 39 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.