Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I dont have my bike yet, but I cant stop looking for exhausts, its like a disease. People say Gravesm others say Arata, then someone else wants Akro, then Micron........... What the hell? My head is spinning. My situation is this, the R1 has plenty of power as far as I am concerned, and I am not that concerned if one pipe makes 6 extra HP and another makes 8. I really want looks and sound. Many of you have said that the Arata sounds best, but on the video clip of the Graves dyno run, it sounded wayyyyyy too quiet. I had a MIG highmount on my 2002 R6 and I loved the sound, throaty, pretty loud, but not as annoying as a D&D. Now what kind of exhaust do I put on my 2004 R1 if I want sound and looks? Does anyone have any sound bytes of 04 exhausts? Thanks Guys!!!

·
_
82 Posts
im getting a two brothers when i get mine. they said mid march. what did your dearler tell you?

·
Camshaft
283 Posts
:jump I just picked my blue one up yesterday in the crate. Very stoked! I ordered a two brothers exhaust for it. The new C2 V.A.L.E canisters are of the highest quality. Much different then their older models. So anyone who doesn't like two mothers can shut up until they actually know what they are talking about. I also ordered mine without the yellow badges, didn't think that would look good on a blue bike. My 99 R1 had a aluminum fibre high mount Mig on it. Sounded great. If you liked your mig, you will like your Two Brothers. Cheers....:thumbup

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
My dealer told me mid march as well. I think the end of the two brothers pipe for the 04 R1 looks sweet. I like how it doesnt have that welded nose at the end, or whatever you want to call it. I think it looks more like stock. Cameron, can you send me pics of your when you get it on? I would love to hear a sound byte too. thanks for the info.

·
_
82 Posts
a sound byte of the two brothers would be awesome

·
your mom looks hot
121 Posts
one of my old race bikes had a a two mothers on it. it broke at the weld after two years and rusted on another spot.
what a joke.
two mothers blows.

·
Registered
452 Posts
We have Remus now and Harris ones are on the way. I am putting remus on my bike for now until we get the harris..and will get some photos of it out there. The remus look awesome

1 - 12 of 12 Posts