Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm a big fan of the GP look- does anyone make alternative racier bodywork for the 02-03 R1?

The stock bodywork is excellent- but just wondering what other options racers or modders have in reference to other bodywork for the R1.

·
7th Kyu
1,473 Posts
I remember a while ago a company made GP Replica Bodywork that was pre-painted but really expensive. I believe it was a link off the Magical-Racing web page. I just went out there and couldn't find it again. If I run across it, I'll let you know.

Thanks,
Ray

·
Cheating death in the "D"
21,086 Posts
SteveNYC1 said:
I'm a big fan of the GP look- does anyone make alternative racier bodywork for the 02-03 R1?

The stock bodywork is excellent- but just wondering what other options racers or modders have in reference to other bodywork for the R1.
Magical Racing (Japan) 02/03 M1 Replica bodywork - Track

Attachments

·
21,086 Posts
SteveNYC1 said:

Magical Racing (Japan) 02/03 M1 Replica bodywork - Street

Attachments

·
21,086 Posts
The link & content are on the Japanese mirror site only, it's not on the English mirror site. If your interested let me know, I have a couple contacts I use at Magical Racing regularly :thumbup

FYI: I have a number of their CF pieces on my 02, and their fit/quality is impeccable. They are also very good to work with, and shipping is very timely (if in stock) (key words-if in stock) :thumbup

My webpage has better resolution pics of the components on my bike, and more pics of the above, feel free to check it out & sign the guest book :yesnod

Link:
http://home.comcast.net/~rorlow32886/wsb/html/view.cgi-home.html-.html

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The bodywork is excellent- here's the 3 magical questions:
how much for a full set? (tank included??)
are there other replica models beside Fortuna?
are they available unpainted?

Thanks a million for posting them- they're awesome---I'm ready to order a set.....

·
21,086 Posts
SteveNYC1 said:
are there other replica models beside Fortuna?
are they available unpainted?

Thanks a million for posting them- they're awesome---I'm ready to order a set.....
Only available in Fortuna colors at present :yesnod

I'll email my contacts to see if unpainted kit is available, and get back with you :thumbup

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Rorlow,

actually i assumed a price around that figure.....I am interested- please find out if it's available unpainted and at what price and how long does shipping take to the USA- also what method of payment do they prefer and is this a direct bolt on- or do I have to have custom brackets made up??? Is the Tank included?

Thanks a million- I can't wait to hear back from you!

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
...also- is that headlight assembly included- would have preferred a dual side/side arrangement- but their setup is nice........is it included?

(Looks like my brother's MV Agusta headlamp assembly)

·
21,086 Posts
SteveNYC1 said:
...also- is that headlight assembly included- would have preferred a dual side/side arrangement- but their setup is nice........is it included?

(Looks like my brother's MV Agusta headlamp assembly)
The headlight assembly & fairing stay is included. From what I understand the tank does not come with it, you supply that.

The body kit comes with all bracketry needed.

Payment via internet, Visa/Mastercard. Shipping is EMS to US then USPS Express. If in stock 3 days typically. These are one-offs I wouldn't expect them to be in stock, may take a while.

It may take a couple days to get your info, emailing them this AM. Will get back to you ASAP :thumbup

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks for the research Rorlow.......if I have to wait to supply a tank and wait for the paintwork- I'll likely skip this idea.....but it sure is an awesome looking replica.....I'm just not very patient and the thought of sending a tank then waiting for the project to be completed means a longish wait........thanks anyway......I guess the stock bodywork will have to stay put.

Thumbs up- much appreciated.

·
21,086 Posts
SteveNYC1 said:
Thanks for the research Rorlow.......if I have to wait to supply a tank and wait for the paintwork- I'll likely skip this idea.....but it sure is an awesome looking replica.....I'm just not very patient and the thought of sending a tank then waiting for the project to be completed means a longish wait........thanks anyway......I guess the stock bodywork will have to stay put.

Thumbs up- much appreciated.
Actually the tank is not a big deal to color match to the body, and you already have the tank.

According to your sig, your an airbrush artist, it shouldn't be a problem for you to repaint it, especially if you're considering getting the unpainted bodywork.

Wait & see what my contacts at Magical say, before making a decision, you've already said the price wasn't influencing your decision.

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I was hoping for a "ready to bolt" setup for nearly $3000...but if the fairing is available unpainted- that would be great......let's see if it's possible and at what price.

·
21,086 Posts
SteveNYC1 said:
I was hoping for a "ready to bolt" setup for nearly $3000...but if the fairing is available unpainted- that would be great......let's see if it's possible and at what price.
Well it took awhile but here is what I've found, the bodykit is available unpainted, details below, straight from the big guy in Japan-

Hi Ron

Thank you for your e-mail.
I am very sorry to late my reply.
Here is an estimate of M1replica bodywork.

Upper+Lower include PIAA lights and turn signals
JPY133000
Screen
JPY13000
CFRP Front fender
JPY36000
Seat
JPY38000
CFRP Seat lower cover
JPY18000
Seat Rubber (Super soft)
JPY4000
CFRP Tail light units and #plate holder
JPY25000
CFRP Rear Fender M1 Short
JPY24000
CFRP Tank Side cover
JPY16000

Total JPY307000 (Exclude paint work)

We cannot send them via EMS freight.
The box size is 63Kg (volume weight)
UPS estimates Osaka to LA, door to door JPY92500
FedEx estimates Osaka to LA, door to door JPY110500

The freight costs are very expensive...
If you have cheaper account of them,
we will send them via pay recipient service with joy.

This information makes you satisfy, I hope...
Thank you for your understanding and help,
Looking forward to receive your reply.

Thank you

Jun ichi Yanagihara
Manager
Magical Racing

Steve please note: any reference above to CFRP indicates a Carbon Fiber component, in essence the whole bodykit is CF
:rock

Anything else let me know :thumbup

·
21,086 Posts
More shipping costs (different shipper)-

Hi Ron

DHL-Sagawa Express estimates the freight cost at JPY70000
(door to door)

Thank you

Jun ichi
Magical Racing