Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
slowest rider ..rides in front
1,148 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anyone else took their mirrors off for street?

is it illegal to do so?

I mean most harley or naked bike I see have no mirrors

·
Natural born looooooser
51 Posts
Here´s some very handy information for you...since you probably ride around in Sweden every now and then :p :

Fully legal, and a good exercise for those eyes in your neck.

Personally I´d rather remove the frontwheel before touching those mirrors, but good luck - it does look cool.

·
Road Warrior
721 Posts
Illegal here in Canada; as a street rider who racks up the miles, I personally wouldn't touch 'em either.

·
Nightmare About to Come True
1,894 Posts
<---------------Look at my bike,no mirrors and Troy Green mirror covers. He is a local racer that makes and sells the covers for R1 only, I can find URL if anyone is interested

·
Registered
777 Posts
solo said:
anyone else took their mirrors off for street?

is it illegal to do so?

I mean most harley or naked bike I see have no mirrors
I've removed mirrors on past bikes put am leaving them on the r1. My neck does not turn as easy as it used to....:(

·
slowest rider ..rides in front
1,148 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
one of my buddy cut his stock mirror at the end and used it as mirror covers ... worked out pretty good .. I would recommend using used or spare ones :D

·
Hooligan
195 Posts
Here in Maine if mirrors are stock then you need to have them to get your inspection sticker. I like having mirrors then I know when I have to slow down to let my friends catch up. It doesn't hurt to keep an eye on your mirror when you are stopped at a light either. Alot of riders have been hit from behind while stopped at a light. I've seen some bar end mirrors that look pretty decent.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts