Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Who's your Daddy!!
5,465 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
More good news for Mr Yikes........

Aaron Yates suspended by AMA Pro Racing.

Yoshimura Suzuki rider Aaron Yates has been suspended for one race meet and fined $5,000 by AMA Pro Racing for his actions following an on-track incident with KWS Racing’s Anthony Fania during the Daytona 200 by Arai on Saturday, March 6.

In announcing the penalty, AMA Pro Racing Road Race Manager, Ron Barrick stated that Yates’ behavior after the two collided was completely unacceptable. “After carefully reviewing the tapes and interviewing the corner workers and both Mr. Yates and Mr. Fania, we have concluded that the contact that resulted in both riders crashing was an unfortunate racing incident with neither rider specifically at fault,” said Barrick. “However, Yates’ actions after the crash are the reason we are issuing the fine and suspension.”

TV video tape, interviews with the riders and interviews with corner workers confirmed that Yates kicked and head-butted Fania immediately after the crash. While it was impossible to discern what each rider said during the exchange, it was apparent that Fania was attempting to walk away from the altercation.

Barrick confirmed that Yates’ AMA Pro Racing license is suspended for a period of one AMA Superbike race meet; specifically the California Speedway event scheduled for April 2-4, 2004 in Fontana, California. Yates will not be permitted to compete in any of the races that make up that race meet. Barrick also stated that the $5,000 fine could be reduced by 50% if Yates enters an anger management treatment program, approved by AMA Pro Racing, prior to returning to competition.

“Physically assaulting a fellow competitor cannot be tolerated under any circumstance,” said Barrick. “This penalty should indicate how seriously we are taking this matter.”

BD

·
Who's Ya Daddy??
6,004 Posts
Thats a slap on the wrist compared to what Yosh-Suzuki fined him. They hit him for 25,000 out of his salary according to 2WF. He did act like an A$$ though.

·
Who's Ya Daddy??
6,004 Posts
Suzuki Fines Aaron Yates

American Suzuki Motor Corporation (ASMC) today announced that Team Yoshimura Suzuki factory rider Aaron Yates will be sanctioned for his actions at the season-opening round of the AMA/Chevy Trucks Superbike Championship Series in Daytona Beach, Fla., on Saturday, March 6, 2004.

According to ASMC, Yates acted in an unsportsman-like manner while representing Team Yoshimura Suzuki. His personal conduct has resulted in ASMC levying a $25,000 fine against Yates.

"I understand the frustration that Aaron was feeling," said Mel Harris, vice president of ASMC's Motorcycle/ATV Operations. "This was the second consecutive year where he would have had a podium finish at the Daytona 200 if circumstances hadn't intervened. Despite that frustration, cooler heads must prevail in professional racing situations. We at Suzuki feel that the fine is appropriate for the conditions."

$30,000 Total dont seem like a slap on the wrist, maybe the AMA felt sorry for him after Suzuki got done with him.
:bash

·
I am allergic to stupidity!
271 Posts
I read an article somewhere and i can't find it now. It said that Matt Mladin made like 1.35 mill last year as salary. Now I don't think Yates makes that much, but I would guess somewhere around 400-700. Plus endorsements and purses. SO, $30,000,ONE race, and pending decision against his crew and Fania's crew. I bet he wishes he would have just waited till after the chicane to pass. Actually he could cut that 5000 in half if he goes to anger management.

·
My R1 eats Jackoffs
37 Posts
Yates got fvcked. Fania should get some punishment also. I guess it is Unacceptable to push and shove but it's A okay to wave Yates to bring it on and then when he comes back over to take him up on his offer to cower down and make a masturbation motion on national television:bs

·
Be Good, or good at it!
368 Posts
Yup...Fania defintiely helped to instigate the matter...the 1 race suspension is really going to hurt him now though. That will be 2 races with DNF's and he will be WAYYY behind in points.

·
Just made this great wheelie.. did you see it?!
676 Posts
Yates got what he deserved! He took out EBoz last year and that ended Eboz's season and a shot at the Superbike title. Dont' defend Yates!!! What goes around comes around!

·
I eat my R1
1,650 Posts
Eman said:
Yates got what he deserved! He took out EBoz last year and that ended Eboz's season and a shot at the Superbike title. Dont' defend Yates!!! What goes around comes around!
Quit bringing shit up from the past what is done is done.

I too think that Fania should get a fine of some short. HE basically help instigated the head but.

·
Be Good, or good at it!
368 Posts
Dude, yates took out eboz in a racing accident, riding too hard and washing out the front end....not cruizing around the track with his head up his ass like this Fania so give it a rest.

·
My R1 eats Jackoffs
37 Posts
Eman said:
this is 2004 NOT 2003 and after the little tap on the ass Fania brought it all on himself and made an obscene masturbation gesture that offended more people than you can image... maybe not your average male motorcyle rider, but think of all the women and children that were watching that from around the world. Fania left a real nice impression. :no

Maybe AMA should make him their poster child hunched over with his hand cupped by his crotch? :lol

·
Registered
3,123 Posts
you guys are being way to critical of fania. watch the tape and you see him walking away from yates even after being drop-kicked. he's 3o feet away from yates even after that and yates charges after him again. fania again tries to back down and THEN yates head butts him. how much of that crap do you think you would have taken before you responded?? fania deserved to defend himself at that point and i would not be the least bit critical of him if he had taken his helmet off and bashed yates across his dome!!!

·
Who's your Daddy!!
5,465 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Fania didn't get any fine or suspension and rightly so as the incident once again boyz was entirely the passing riders(Yates) responsibility to pass cleanly and not as though he was undressing Fania......Fania did absolutely zero,nada, zippo to instigate the very first Yatesfu kick to the backside did he.....:no now after that he gave Psycho Yates the wave to 'come on' and still did nothing in response to the headbutt! so yeah Yates got suckered into loosin it....and Fania succeeded so what, he still didn't take a punch, kick or the like in his direction did he...:no
So what you have is Yates takin Fania out with a squid move on a privateer and physically attacking him (provoked or not).:fact

BD

·
Who's your Daddy!!
5,465 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
RedRider0151 said:
Dude, yates took out eboz in a racing accident, riding too hard and washing out the front end....not cruizing around the track with his head up his ass like this Fania so give it a rest.
On the contrary, he took Eboz and others out with yet another bonehead move that had title ramifications last year, and it gives weight to yet another stupid move performed last Sat.
Well if thats the best description you have of a racer that qualified within the 110% rule you get your critical ass out there and see if you can cruz any quicker.:eek:wwn3d

BD

·
The Original Turbo
2,332 Posts
R1Fanatic said:
Does anyone know how much Yates makes per year? $5K seems like a slap on the wrist to me.
They have to be reasonable with the fines. What if it was a privateer being fined? They are on the same scale. Yoshimura can fine according to salary. AMA can't. That would be discrimination.

·
My R1 eats Jackoffs
37 Posts
Jezuz Christ you guys have got to go and watch the footage again. I cannot believe so many people can see the same thing and get such different impressions.

Watch it frame by frame if you have to. Fania waves Yates to bring it on right away and then again before he walks away. You can tell Yates is done but he looks over and Fania is waving him to come over AGAIN and so he does, when he gets there Fania opens his arms and says COME ON FVCKER yet AGAIN. Yates then uses his SHOULDER to push Fania back and his head happens to lead it a bit so everyone jumps on the "headbutt" idea. Then the chickensheit hunches over and does his stroke me move as Yates is walking away, trying yet AGAIN to draw Yates back into a confrontation. Fania is a pathetic little worm and is just jealous of the factory ride.

Yates is an arrogant ass himself no doubt.

·
I eat my R1
1,650 Posts
Big Daddy said:
On the contrary, he took Eboz and others out with yet another bonehead move that had title ramifications last year, and it gives weight to yet another stupid move performed last Sat.
Well if thats the best description you have of a racer that qualified within the 110% rule you get your critical ass out there and see if you can cruz any quicker.:eek:wwn3d

BD
Your just made because he took out Kawi:finger :finger

Also what do you do when you come into a corner already committed to passing the guy on the outside? Then all of sudden he stands his bike up in a corner and goes straight. There is nothing Yates could have done. But he still stupid for the way he acted about it.

Also Yates only charged him because he was throwing his hands up like “bring it in.”

·
Registered
85 Posts
:iamwithst

Yates is lucky thats all hes losing. Most big companies like that wont put up with kind of childish BS, especially a company trying to appeal to family fun. There are plenty of dam good racers out there dying for a shot on a factory bike that would easily do as well as yates. Obvious he wont be winning any championship this year. They should drop his ungrateful ass for someone who loves to race. After all, the nickname yikes its yates says it all.

·
My RR Eats your R1!
36 Posts
I have watched the video over and over and here is what I see. Fania, definitely got into the turn way too hot. Does that make Fania responsible for any part of the crash??? To me, not one bit. It is the responsibility of the passing rider to make the pass and make it cleanly. Yates was at least 2-3 seconds late in attempting a pass on Fania and should never have tried to make the pass. Yates has been responsible for crashing out more racers than the majority of the other racers in the AMA. He is INFAMOUS for crashing privateers. It is his style to make an outside pass and chop off the front tire of the guy he just passed and I think it is exactly what he was attempting to do to Fania at the time of the crash. The blame of the crash has very little to do with the true crime commited here. What Yates did after the race was completely non proffesional and in the situation could have had deadly consequenses. Attacking a fellow rider AFTER a high speed get off is not only childish, it could have done serious damage to Fania. What if he would have been laying there with a fractured vertibrate and dumbass Yates decides to drop kick him. You now have a dead rider at the biggest AMA race of the year. The AMA punishment is a joke. All of you guys that think privateers don't belong at this level of racing don't know much. The Daytona 200 would have been a great race to watch with 3 bikes running in the end. Yates deserved at least a 2 race suspension and I would have made him buy Fania a new bike. Saying Fania was responsible for Yates attack because he was "jesturing" and bad mouthing him is ridiculous. He just got taken out by a factory rider who then attempted to kick him. What would YOU do in a situation like that. Fania's actions are classic and just reinforced how unproffesional Yates is. He should lose his cherrished factory ride. I know I won't be buying Technik, HJC, Suzuki or Yoshimura products as long as they accept their sponsored riders actions. GP

·
My RR Eats your R1!
36 Posts
R1_abuser said:
Your just made because he took out Kawi:finger :finger

Also what do you do when you come into a corner already committed to passing the guy on the outside? Then all of sudden he stands his bike up in a corner and goes straight. There is nothing Yates could have done. But he still stupid for the way he acted about it.

Also Yates only charged him because he was throwing his hands up like “bring it in.”
I will only pass someone on the outside that I KNOW isn't going to freak out as I pass him, and I damn well will make sure I am past him WAY past the point that if he DOES do something stupid he doesn't collect me. I have made a lot of passes on the outside of slower riders, but if I have a choice I will ALWAYS take the rider on the inside. GP

1 - 20 of 56 Posts