Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· ARRRR
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, yeah, it happened. Mud build up dragged across the turn all the way to the apex on a 20mph-ish almost blind left. Looks like some drunk asshat in an SUV drove in the gutter and then swerved into the other lane, brining mud water and oil with him.

I hit it mid turn at about 25mph and the front end tucked in on me, sending me and the bike sliding into the sidewalk. I'm relatively okay, just some bruises, a sore back and a damaged ego.

The 1 did not fare as well, the upper triple is in half, forks probably bent to shit, front, lower, and rear plastics cracked and scraped, damaged radiator, left headlight rashed up and my newly installed vortex shift assembly donezo.

Great timing as my last final ever is today and my bday this weekend. Gonna put a hamper on the festivities, but at least my person is ok.

Now, I have to decide how I'm going to fix her, not sure if I'm going to stick to OEM for the replacements.

Any advice, if I'm going to be replacing these parts if after market would be worth it? I'm thinking mostly about the front suspension and clamps. The rest I think will be oem replacements.

At least its the cold season, granted I can ride all year here, but thats what I'm telling myself :p

· Forum Moderator
32,955 Posts

· ARRRR
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for the replies.

I am looking to stay away from insurance companies, increased premiums = no thank you.

its been a few days and not being able to ride SUCKS ASS!

If I didn't have such a good bday I would be much grumpier right now.

· Ginger's Pillar of Strength
801 Posts
...I am looking to stay away from insurance companies, increased premiums = no thank you.
Staying away becuase you don't have any? Unless you have some loot, this is one reason why we pay these assholes.
They are not supposed to jack your rates because of an incident, but we all know how that goes. In the end it's your money...

Rod, That is a sweet looking top triple!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.