Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Heyyy Yaaaa Busa
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
You R1 riders were talking about beating the 12??? Beat the 10 first then come for Big Brother! :sneaky :sneaky :sneaky
:fork :boom :boom

Dyno Results

·
R1 what else is there to say
45 Posts
I don't know, according to MCN looks like it did beat the ZX-10 in both performance and HP.

MCN names Yamaha’s 2004 R1 our superbike of the year in Wednesday’s issue because it’s stable, exciting and fast.

In our March 3 issue you’ll see the R1 pitched against all its key competitors: Kawasaki’s ZX-10R, Honda’s Fireblade and Suzuki’s GSX-R1000. And it’s the R1 that gets our vote.

We put them through their paces on the track, on sun-kissed (and rain-soaked) French and Spanish roads and ran them on dynos and on closed roads.

Make sure you get hold of a copy of the paper for the full story… but here are some of the facts and figures:

The R1 makes 147.9bhp, 70.47ftlb of torque and hits 177.72mph. The Blade delivers 146.6bhp, 73.9ftlb of torque and 178.15mph. We recorded 175.57mph, 144.4bhp and 74.8ftlb of torque for the GSX-R1000. And the ZX-10R was tested to 176.3mph, made 147.7bhp and 74.6ftlb of torque.

·
Just made this great wheelie.. did you see it?!
1,238 Posts
todaysfool said:
You R1 riders were talking about beating the 12??? Beat the 10 first then come for Big Brother! :sneaky :sneaky :sneaky

Dyno Results
Looks like you may want to worry about the 10 as well.....:fact

·
Registered
274 Posts
Congratulations todaysfool, it's taken 3 or 4 years, but it appears kawasaki may have "refined" the zx-12 into a decent "sport tourer." I do know that when it first came out there was widesread dissapointment. The 12 was not able to out-quick or out-speed the Hayabusa. Also it looked like a parts-bin special, lacking overall refinement. We'll see how indicative this test is throughout the zx-10's production run.

·
Heyyy Yaaaa Busa
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
NY2NJ said:
You registered just to tell us that :confused:?
Nope actually I registered about two weeks ago about the R1 vs the ZX12 thread. I just ran across this and thought some of you may like it :finger

And [email protected]@alltimes??? Sorry I didn't come up with something as dumb as that but :butt

·
Heyyy Yaaaa Busa
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
LarsR1 said:
Congratulations todaysfool, it's taken 3 or 4 years, but it appears kawasaki may have "refined" the zx-12 into a decent "sport tourer." I do know that when it first came out there was widesread dissapointment. The 12 was not able to out-quick or out-speed the Hayabusa. Also it looked like a parts-bin special, lacking overall refinement. We'll see how indicative this test is throughout the zx-10's production run.
Not quite but...:rock Ride safe

·
L8R2U
21,459 Posts

·
1 bad R1 !!
373 Posts
todaysfool said:
Nope actually I registered about two weeks ago about the R1 vs the ZX12 thread. I just ran across this and thought some of you may like it :finger

And [email protected]@alltimes??? Sorry I didn't come up with something as dumb as that but :butt

I will run your 12 anytime.
:riding

·
Anyone see a Honda I'm hungry
749 Posts
todaysfool said:

Dyno Results
From the results of the 1st two Superstock races I'd say we did . ??:jump

·
running with scissors...
914 Posts
peak horse power gives good mph numbers. The ZX10 is impressive at that. It should be interesting to see how it pans out a year from now. But to make any decisions based on dyno numbers is weak.

Every one said the ZX12 was going to be the fastest bike in the world when it came in with 2-3 more RWHP than the busa....sorry, that didn't pan out either.

besides, its the rider as much as anything. Most sport bikes I see can't even keep up with my ZRX let alone my busa, god help them if I ever finish breaking in my R1.

·
Tap dat...
14,410 Posts
No one listed weights either...I'm obviously all for the R1 but come on. If it's s lead sled then no amount of HP is going to get it to 170+ quick enough to time it on anything faster than a sun dial.

I'm sure tho that all four of the bikes tested will beat that piece of sh1t ZX12 tho...:finger

·
Achieving Ground Superiority
120 Posts
I get tired of this crap. Most people's riding ability will negate any horsepower advantage one bike has over another. Putting the power to the road as efficiently as possible is the name of the game. I'm buying an R1 simply because it looks cock. Arguing about horsepower is both squidly and gay.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts