Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
447 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got done riding. I love the cool weather. The bike was looking espically good so I had to take few pictures. First ones I've taken in the dark. I'll have to post some tomorrow.

·
Forum chick
345 Posts
Isn't it great?? Its about 50 here in Louisville, at 11:15 pm and will get into the 40's by daybreak. Fall is my favorite time of the year. :D
I'm looking forward to seeing the pictures you took! :)

·
Registered
447 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Have to get the pictures sized down over the weekend before posting but here's one big one.

Hey the picture isn't attaching again? :confused: Yo Swedie. Attempted to attach a jpg from the floppy and it won't work.

·
Forum chick
345 Posts
Well put 'em up when you have time! I wanna see! :D
You have been absent the past couple days. I hope you had a nice weekend. :)

·
Registered
447 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
The weekend was good. We had our monthly bike ride today. It was good. Took some pictures of that. Have yet to look at them. There was about 200 bikes. Not a big turn out because of the weather. It was 38F. :eek: I'll go get the pictures now before wrestling comes on! :D

·
Forum chick
345 Posts
Thats still a pretty good turn out considering the temps. Your weather is just a little cooler than here in Louisville. Its about 50 right now. It was COLD last night though! Upper 30's, and it will be again tonight. Its getting to be "that time" again, LtdR1Ryder. Winter. I dug out my sweats this weekend.
I have been attempting to watch football but it hasn't really been on because of the air strikes going on in Afganistan. If you watch wrestling on cable then it should be on. :)

·
Registered
447 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Tried attaching another pic 3 times but it won't take it? Looks like these are the only ones your getting?

·
Forum chick
345 Posts
NICE!!!!!!

Those came out GREAT!!! I really like the second one alot. Mainly because I can get a much better look at the whole bike. Which is very, very nice. :D :D :D
Someone takes good care of their baby! :)

·
Registered
447 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
You can believe it. That bike gets wiped down head to toe everytime I'm done riding it. It gets waxed at least twice a month. It's always smooth as a baby's behind which is the way I like it! Plus it makes it easier to wipe down.

·
Forum chick
345 Posts
Its easy to see that its been very well cared for. :) Where do you keep it during the Winter? Actually, that is a good question. I know some people who keep their bikes in the garage in the Winter, but its not heated or anything. Does that cause any damage or fade to the paint or any other part of the bike? Where is the best place to keep it? I have a family room that I was thinking about putting my new one in once I get it. So it would be inside the house. And is THAT a good idea for Winter storage?

·
Registered
447 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
My bike stays in the garage at all times. I know a lot of people that bring there bike inside there house over the winter. I think that is a good idea so you don't get condensation. Luckily my parents gargage (where I keep it) is insulated and heated. I never let it sit outside in the sun either. If I'm not riding it, it is parked in the shade or in the garage due to paint fading. I know it would take a long time for that to happen but I want to pull out my bike 5 years down the road and have it look like it was the first time all over again! Don't forget to fill up the gas tank and add some preservative to it.

·
Forum chick
345 Posts
So keeping it inside is a good idea. My garage is insulated and heated, but I also keep my car in there and it takes a LONG time to heat back up after opening the garage door. So condensation most likely would be an issue. I get it on my car quite a bit. Probably what it needs is another layer of insulation and for me to put in another vent. But I have space in the family room, so it will go there.
Preservative in the gas tank. I will remember that.

·
Registered
447 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Though I have never tried it I have heard about some people spraying there whole bike in WD-40 for the winter. Come summer time they just wash it down. That way the bike won't rust and everything stays lubricated. Don't think I will do it but hey, to each there own. Guess this would make a great new thread. Looks like the topics are running a little dry.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts