Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

Another network question

3K views 72 replies 13 participants last post by  CCIE2BE 
#1 ·
I dont get it...
Here is my setup:
I have a Linksys cable modem going to a linksys wireless G router.
My computer is plugged right into the router. My wife's computer has a wireless G card.

Well, the wireless portion works great! Both computers connect to the internet just fine.
My wife's computer can access my computer just fine but mione cannot even see hers on the network :confused: I know it has to be working since I can save files on my computer from hers... I dont get it.

My computer is rinning XP Pro and hers is Win ME. I am not runing any firewall program on either computer and I disabled the winxp pro built in firewall...

HEEEEEEEEEEEEEELP!

Discussion starter · #3 ·
The workgroup shoudl already be the same since it is working from hers to mine
Let me check for sharing...

Discussion starter · #4 ·
Yup... sharing is on

Discussion starter · #6 ·
It worked at one time then out of the blue... nothing
(That time I was using a switch)

Discussion starter · #11 ·
When I try to access the network I get an error telling me that the network is not started... WTF does that mean?

Discussion starter · #20 ·
ImagineParadise said:
You get it working Shadow?
Fook no:cryin I did what you said except that I couldnot remoce the tcp/ip on my computer. I reinstalled the other ones and nothing... Now my computer wont even access the net...nothing
It just sits there and taunts me. And to make things better I cant access my computer with my wifes :(
Atleast the wife's computer can access the net...

Discussion starter · #25 ·
THe problem right now is thatMYcomputer is all fcuked. Mine cant do shit right now. Hers works just fine...
I need to get mine to be ableto connect to the internet first and then I can tackle the network issue. I feel castrated now that my computer wont let me get email :(

Discussion starter · #28 ·
I will give that a try in a bit. I am going to try and redo the removal and reinstalation of the protocals and such and see what happens :)

Discussion starter · #31 ·
Well fcuk me to tears...nothing :( Zilch :( squat :(

Discussion starter · #33 ·
natimar said:
Have you checked that you are getting an IP assigned to your box.

ipconfig at command prompt.
No I havent... I wil check when I get home

Discussion starter · #38 ·
valerossi said:
Shadow,

I kind of feel bad cause it's so hard to give you good support like this over the internet... :(

Hmm... did you try all those steps that I told you about? And you can at least access the Internet with your XP throught your router, right? Please let me know what's happening.

;)
Right now my computer dont do squat. No internet, no network.. nothing. If it wans because I have about 3000+ pictured on my computer with a broken CD writter it would not because I would just reinstall everyting...

Discussion starter · #45 ·
I tried uninstalling and reinstalling the network card and nothing...
Then I decided to take a look at my router to see the green light indicating that there was a connection there and guess what...nothing, so I switch cables. Still nothing.
I took a look at the networ card and thelight are blinking :confused:
I have never seen them do that. Could it be that my setwork card is fooked and it just so happened that it broke while I was messing with the network stuff?
I tried pinging stuff and nothing. I cant even access the router that I am plugged into :lol

Could all this be dues to a messed up card? I will find out once I take the card from my wife'scomputer and put it in mine

Discussion starter · #49 ·
Ok... good news and bad news.
I swapped out network cards and the network works.. kinda.
I can access her computer now... but not the internet...
Maybe I have something messed up with the TCP/IP portion :(

Discussion starter · #54 ·
ImagineParadise said:
Did you reset the Modem and the router's memory by doing my steps of turing off everything (unplug Modem nad router)? If you follow my steps Im sure it would work (praying) Here, after unplug/turned off do this
wait 30 sec
turn on modem
wait 30 sec
turn on router
wait 30 sec
turn on computers. Hope you get it!
Still nothing....
I freaking give up...

I know the router works since I can now access my wife's computer but I dont know why it wont access the net...

I think I am gooing to try and connect my computer right to the cable modem and see

Discussion starter · #56 ·
I have them installed... but nothing.
IU am going to remove the network card and restart the computer is clean of all protocals and stuff cuz I htin there is some problem with the tcpip
...then I will reinstall the network card and go from there

Discussion starter · #58 ·
Hmmm... the one that I dont have is the NW Net BOIS one... I guess I got the other one confused with it... Funny thing though is that it is not listed in the available protocals :confused: and I dont know where on the windows cd it is in

Discussion starter · #71 ·
For fjorn...

I have a Linksys cablemodem connected to a Linksys Wireless G router.
My computer is connected right to the router.
My wife's computer has a wireless G network card and connects to the access point.

My wife's computer can access the internet. Mine cant.
I can now access her computer but she cannot access mine (but that is ok :) )

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.