Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner
21 - 40 of 73 Posts
Shadow R One said:
Fook no:cryin I did what you said except that I couldnot remoce the tcp/ip on my computer. I reinstalled the other ones and nothing... Now my computer wont even access the net...nothing
It just sits there and taunts me. And to make things better I cant access my computer with my wifes :(
Atleast the wife's computer can access the net...
:(

I told you the problem is most likey on your wife's side, cause your XP did show up on the network before.

Anyway, trust me, you don't need those NWLink IPX things, they are for Novell "NetWare"... "NW"Link... ;)

Just remove those and reinstall Client for Microsoft Networks and File and Printer Sharing for Microsoft Networks, and make sure you have TCP/IP.

Then try to run that Network Setup Wizard again.

Or...

For the advanced way... goto:

Start -> Control Panel -> Network Connections

On the top menus, you will see Advanced, go and select Advanced Settings, make sure you see those Client for Microsoft Networks and File and Printer Sharing for Microsoft Networks bindings checked.

Btw, you said now that your wife cannot access your computer anymore, make sure you didn't have the build-in Firewall enabled, cause they might re-enabled for you when you run that wizard thing.

;)

plus, be sure under your network settings...thats,

Start-Settings-Network Connections,
~right click your network, then highlight your TCP/IP and hit properties.
Then check to see if you have your IP and DNS obtained automaticly. Then, hit advanced. Make sure that ONLY the DHCP is enabled and click on over to the DNS tab.

Make sure that your Primary and Parent suffixes are checked. And check the registerd for DNS close to the bottem. Then under the WINS tab, be sure to have the "Enable LMHOSTS lookup" is clicked, along with the "default" net bios settings.
One more thing is to check your router IP page to make sure you have it set up correctly.
Hope this helps!

Discussion starter · #25 ·
THe problem right now is thatMYcomputer is all fcuked. Mine cant do shit right now. Hers works just fine...
I need to get mine to be ableto connect to the internet first and then I can tackle the network issue. I feel castrated now that my computer wont let me get email :(

O..
LOL I fogot ONe VERY important thing
Unplug everything (turn off computers) and Turn them on in this order..
wait 30 sec (while everythings off) THEN turn on..
Cable/DSL modem
wait 25 seconds
turn on router
wait 20 sec
turn on computers!
This might help out a LOT

Discussion starter · #28 ·
I will give that a try in a bit. I am going to try and redo the removal and reinstalation of the protocals and such and see what happens :)

Discussion starter · #31 ·
Well fcuk me to tears...nothing :( Zilch :( squat :(

Discussion starter · #33 ·
natimar said:
Have you checked that you are getting an IP assigned to your box.

ipconfig at command prompt.
No I havent... I wil check when I get home

Dude just run the same operating system on both computers it fixed our problem, besides windows xp has so many networking problems its crazy, I work on the network team for progressive and we cleared 98% of those glitches by just running the same operating system on all our computers.

AHHAHAHAHAHh, man, I need to read things through slowly, peice by peice. I didnt even catch this....

Hell Shadow, if you need a copy of XP pro just let me know, you've found out the hard way (sorry I didnt catch that earilier) that ME is the worst operationg system by far for ANYTHING.
I would quit while your ahead. The more you mess with ME the worse it gets.

Attachments

Shadow,

I kind of feel bad cause it's so hard to give you good support like this over the internet... :(

Hmm... did you try all those steps that I told you about? And you can at least access the Internet with your XP throught your router, right? Please let me know what's happening.

;)

another suggestion is to see whether or not your computers can ping each other and other websites.
if you can go into your dos prompt, or go to "run" and type "cmd" (try this on both computers) when your in dos, type "ping *your other computers IP address*" and see whether it times out or if it pings your other computer. For example, i would type "ping xx.xxx.xx.xxx" and I'd see what it does. Also, try to ping other websites, such as "ping www.yahoo.com" or something along those lines. Tell me what happens.

Discussion starter · #38 ·
valerossi said:
Shadow,

I kind of feel bad cause it's so hard to give you good support like this over the internet... :(

Hmm... did you try all those steps that I told you about? And you can at least access the Internet with your XP throught your router, right? Please let me know what's happening.

;)
Right now my computer dont do squat. No internet, no network.. nothing. If it wans because I have about 3000+ pictured on my computer with a broken CD writter it would not because I would just reinstall everyting...

Shadow R One said:
Right now my computer dont do squat. No internet, no network.. nothing. If it wans because I have about 3000+ pictured on my computer with a broken CD writter it would not because I would just reinstall everyting...
No no, don't have to reinstall everthing.

Ok, really, please run that network wizard(in XP) for now, please try it first.

Then... reboot... and run ipconfig and see if you got any ip...

Then let me know what you get first...

;)

21 - 40 of 73 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.