Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner
41 - 60 of 73 Posts
First get your machine back up and on the same network that you were before so you can get your skinernet back up bro then I'll try and help alleviate your problem.

I don't know exactly what ya did to lose your settings but first try getting your network settings back together:

You have a router so you probalbly use the private ip addressing that your router supplies via a DHCP feature built in. Make sure your network connection is set to obtain an IP address automatically. Then go to a command promt,(Start,CMD enter)
then enter ipconfig/release and enter. Then type ipconfig/renew.

See if that gets you talking to your router and the internet again.

ImagineParadise said:
Man, no offence but wizards + ME = just more confussion. Let me just send you a copy of xp pro! It'll save you from pulling the rest of you hair out!
No man, I was talking about the wizard in XP... :yesnod

Cause he have tried the manual way, but didn't work, that's why I told him to try the wizard way...

;)

Discussion starter · #45 ·
I tried uninstalling and reinstalling the network card and nothing...
Then I decided to take a look at my router to see the green light indicating that there was a connection there and guess what...nothing, so I switch cables. Still nothing.
I took a look at the networ card and thelight are blinking :confused:
I have never seen them do that. Could it be that my setwork card is fooked and it just so happened that it broke while I was messing with the network stuff?
I tried pinging stuff and nothing. I cant even access the router that I am plugged into :lol

Could all this be dues to a messed up card? I will find out once I take the card from my wife'scomputer and put it in mine

Shadow R One said:
I tried uninstalling and reinstalling the network card and nothing...
Then I decided to take a look at my router to see the green light indicating that there was a connection there and guess what...nothing, so I switch cables. Still nothing.
I took a look at the networ card and thelight are blinking :confused:
I have never seen them do that. Could it be that my setwork card is fooked and it just so happened that it broke while I was messing with the network stuff?
I tried pinging stuff and nothing. I cant even access the router that I am plugged into :lol

Could all this be dues to a messed up card? I will find out once I take the card from my wife'scomputer and put it in mine
Hmm... very possible. Btw, did your Devices Manager shows any yellow ! for your network card?

You tried to switch cable, but did you try to switch the port? Cause I heard my occasions that ports fail on Linksys routers. But strange that you still see green light though... :confused:

You need to run the winxp network setup wizzard on any computer that is hooked into the network that is not an winxp machine. This should solve your problems. With everything you have tried you may want to remove all networks on both machines and start from scratch. Winxp network setup wizard is not the best and when you have done several config's it get's confused. Anyway start with the winxp machine then the win-me.... hope this helps.

valerossi said:
Hmm... very possible. Btw, did your Devices Manager shows any yellow ! for your network card?

You tried to switch cable, but did you try to switch the port? Cause I heard my occasions that ports fail on Linksys routers. But strange that you still see green light though... :confused:
:iamwithst

Discussion starter · #49 ·
Ok... good news and bad news.
I swapped out network cards and the network works.. kinda.
I can access her computer now... but not the internet...
Maybe I have something messed up with the TCP/IP portion :(

Shadow R One said:
Ok... good news and bad news.
I swapped out network cards and the network works.. kinda.
I can access her computer now... but not the internet...
Maybe I have something messed up with the TCP/IP portion :(
Did you reset the Modem and the router's memory by doing my steps of turing off everything (unplug Modem nad router)? If you follow my steps Im sure it would work (praying) Here, after unplug/turned off do this
wait 30 sec
turn on modem
wait 30 sec
turn on router
wait 30 sec
turn on computers. Hope you get it!

Discussion starter · #54 ·
ImagineParadise said:
Did you reset the Modem and the router's memory by doing my steps of turing off everything (unplug Modem nad router)? If you follow my steps Im sure it would work (praying) Here, after unplug/turned off do this
wait 30 sec
turn on modem
wait 30 sec
turn on router
wait 30 sec
turn on computers. Hope you get it!
Still nothing....
I freaking give up...

I know the router works since I can now access my wife's computer but I dont know why it wont access the net...

I think I am gooing to try and connect my computer right to the cable modem and see

I'm telling you, you need those protocals w/ win '98 and win ME. Hell, Im on XP and I STILL have to have those protocalls installed. Remember when I was building this computer and I posted some stupid thread doing this...
Computer 1 ....
next messege
Computer 2 ....
next messege
Computer 1 ....
next messege
Computer 2 ....
next messege

I was doing that while the protocals were installed. I could NOT connect to the internet on this one without the protocals
here, Ill try and find that networking website that helped me out...

Discussion starter · #56 ·
I have them installed... but nothing.
IU am going to remove the network card and restart the computer is clean of all protocals and stuff cuz I htin there is some problem with the tcpip
...then I will reinstall the network card and go from there

Discussion starter · #58 ·
Hmmm... the one that I dont have is the NW Net BOIS one... I guess I got the other one confused with it... Funny thing though is that it is not listed in the available protocals :confused: and I dont know where on the windows cd it is in

Shadow R One said:
Hmmm... the one that I dont have is the NW Net BOIS one... I guess I got the other one confused with it... Funny thing though is that it is not listed in the available protocals :confused: and I dont know where on the windows cd it is in
Thats on my XP machine I just built, Let me have a screen shot of the protocalls you have on the ME machine.

ImagineParadise said:
look at what I got
Guys, really, you do not need anything with NWLink... they are for Novell network with NetWare, and you guys don't have anything with NetWare on your networks. ImagineParadise, trust me, even if you remove all those NWLink stuff, your network will still work... :fact ;)

What is NWLink? Click here.

Look, this is all I've in my settings(Client for MS Network, File sharing..., QoS Scheduler(you don't need this), and TCP/IP), and my network works fine with XP, 98, Me and 2000 machines all in the same network and they all can communicate with each other... :fact

:)

41 - 60 of 73 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.