Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
The R1 is finally here
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It seems like every other state is getting the 04's now. Has anyone heard of any stores in Maryland getting any yet? Or has anyone heard specific dates when they will arrive?

Will

·
The R1 is finally here
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Whats wrong with Maryland that we seem to be the last state on the East coast to get the new R1's? I have heard NY, NJ, NC, SC, FL all have theirs now, where are MD's?

Will

·
WERA/CCS #217
5,983 Posts
Im in MD/DC and havent seen shyt. Freestate wont even have them till March.

Then again its cold as hell outside..

·
The R1 is finally here
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah it sure is cold, but it cant be any warmer in NY and NJ. This is just driving me crazy hearing about everyone else riding theirs and we havent even gotten one yet.

Will

·
WERA/CCS #217
5,983 Posts
You ride in the DC area.. I know a couple of Will's

but none with R6's

·
The R1 is finally here
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
No not around DC, I usually hate going near there, usually too much traffic. I usually ride around Annapolis where Im from. Havent been out in a while, I sold the R6 last year, though about getting a GSX-R1000 but heard the new R1 was coming out, glad I waited, never liked the gixxer that much anyway. So do you usually ride around DC? Is there any good places to even ride around there?

Will

·
Registered
367 Posts
MotoFanatic said:
Heyser in Laurel MD has a blue one. They have it on a pit bull stand.

That would have been mine. I pulled my deposit a few weeks ago when they told me that it would be over 12k out the door. :beer :2bitchsla

They have deposits on their first ten or so they say.

Hope mine comes in soon (North Carolina).

·
Registered
157 Posts
Heyser sux!! They never give you a break on anything. I have had alot better luck with Pete's Cycle. Unfortunately, I doubt any of the dealers in the Baltimore/DC area will give you a huge break on the new R1 cuz it is the shiznit!

·
The R1 is finally here
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yeah I talked to someone at Heyser, not great but the people at Petes are generally assholes I think. I try to avoid them at all costs.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Guess its all about who you talk too. Which Pete's are you referring to? I bought my R6 and my Raptor in Severna Park and last spring they were offering to put me on a 2003 R1 for ~10K OTD, but I decided to wait for the 2K4 R1 (good decision I think).

·
The R1 is finally here
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I go the the Petes Cycle in Severna Park too cause its the closest one to me. There is one ok guy in there my friend has bought from before, but I dont really like most of the guys in there. They act like I cant afford to buy anything in there and I cant stand that shit. They also never seem to know anything and couldnt even hook me up with a discount on a helmet or jacket. So Im on a list at another place. Just cant wait till it gets here.

·
Searching for Greener Pastures
11,154 Posts
I was just at Twigg Cycles in Hagerstown, MD and they have a blue one on display. It was sold and there were people climbing all over it! If that was my bike, I would be PISSED!!!

They say they are getting one more that is not accounted for that should arrive in April...

·
Tuning forks all the way
136 Posts
Crackhead_Willy said:
Heyser sux!! They never give you a break on anything. I have had alot better luck with Pete's Cycle. Unfortunately, I doubt any of the dealers in the Baltimore/DC area will give you a huge break on the new R1 cuz it is the shiznit!
Bought my '01 R1 at Heyser, thought I was getting a deal because my neighbor was good friends with the sales manager. Once they did all the paperwork and all the added fees it wasn't much of deal in the end. Overall, my experience with MD dealers was never any good. Pete's, Heyser, etc... don't come off of their prices at all, you are better going north to PA where there are more dealers thus more competition to get business and better prices for us riders. Ray Wilts in Hanover, PA is just about a 45 min ride from B-more, I always got good service there.

Now, that Im in the "Dirty South" things are no different, low # of dealers means they can keep their prices higher. So, I'm getting my 04 out of state.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts