Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Life's fun, or it's not life
73 Posts
hey hey hey!
My first R1 (2002) just purchased and being delivered later next week all going well..just joined the KB site too. Just off to get the protection sorted i.e. full leathers :thumbup

Can hardly wait. North of Jafaland.

Must be lots of accessory website around for some further retail therapy?

·
ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
43 Posts
Hey espresso it sucks waiting a bike to turn up doesn't it.
Mine came up from Queenstown while i was away camping with the family,
had a hard time waiting to get back.My mind definately wasn't on camping.

·
73 Posts
Yeah Nallac, I'm just along the peninsula myself. Bought the R1 from South Island last week, getting it trucked up, 'should' be here end of next week...I'm impatient/ADD on a good day...but two weeks, that's more like a life sentence at the moment :cryin . Patients (patience) are for hospitals :lol

Then once it arrives no doubt a quick squirt, but really I'd like to do a full scrutineer on it, replace brake fluids, lube everything, check over everything, twice, oh and lots of Mothers polish :fork

·
ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
43 Posts
So what colour is your one, and is she stock?.
seen your thread on KB awaiting pics...
Mind if i ask what ya payed for it?.

·
73 Posts
It's the blue 'n white R1 - had to be 'cos I couldn't have my blue helmet clash with a red one :) and the garage has much blue around, pretty much stock, got a Yoshi carbon muffler, 17000k's, power commander(?), I think polished rims..pretty much stock. But I do like shiny new things so no doubt bits and pieces to add for a bit of a personal touch. Paid $8250 for it which I'm happy with as this seems to be below market value (as long as it's in primo condition) when it arrives.

Mind you with knee surgery happening on Monday, by the time the bike does arrive later in the week I should be good to go ridin' (pffft to the surgeon who reckons it'll take weeks...yeah right). Right knee so I have all controls sorted except rear brake :thumbup

·
ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
43 Posts
sounds good.

man is there some cheap lateish model bikes out there at the moment.
Doesn't do much for the resale value of my old 99..

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
hey hey hey!
My first R1 (2002) just purchased and being delivered later next week all going well..just joined the KB site too. Just off to get the protection sorted i.e. full leathers :thumbup

Can hardly wait. North of Jafaland.

Must be lots of accessory website around for some further retail therapy?
Welcome to the R1 Club Espresso:thumbup
I bought an 04 R1 from auckland a few years back, had to wait two weeks for delivery to nelson, it was agony waiting for it to show up:rant
Pics plaese when it arrives.:rock

·
73 Posts
Aye well then Bardman, she arrived and it's like a major breath of fresh air riding the R1, actually more like a breath of NOS :D (or whatever that gas is that the ambulances have). It's fun, the riding that is. Today was classic...had a few hours to go enjoy a ride on some dry back roads, stuff all traffic. Work? Pffft.
No outrageous mind blowing speed thrills today really, just a blat around.
Parked up for a while to let the sun warm the skeleton with the R1 just shy of the salty stuff.

:tocoo: day

So came home, gave her the quick rub down with the white cotton cloth, bugs and road dust you understand. Very happy with correcting the tyre pressures, something I need a :chair: for not doing sooner..excitement got the better of good judgent, again..both tyres needed significant adjusment. The mornings oil and filter change (just 'cos now it's my bike and gets treats) and with this new Elf chain paste I got...well you just have to go bed things in right :sneaky

Put crash bungs on.

·
add it to my tab officer!
1,791 Posts
there is some? went i first came to this forum i asked the same thing on a thread, and got "there was one once" after that figured i was the only one here.
what took ya all so long to get to this great site.

·
Registered Adrenaline Junkie
2,505 Posts
Aye well then Bardman, she arrived and it's like a major breath of fresh air riding the R1, actually more like a breath of NOS :D (or whatever that gas is that the ambulances have). It's fun, the riding that is. Today was classic...had a few hours to go enjoy a ride on some dry back roads, stuff all traffic. Work? Pffft.
No outrageous mind blowing speed thrills today really, just a blat around.
Parked up for a while to let the sun warm the skeleton with the R1 just shy of the salty stuff.

:tocoo: day

So came home, gave her the quick rub down with the white cotton cloth, bugs and road dust you understand. Very happy with correcting the tyre pressures, something I need a :chair: for not doing sooner..excitement got the better of good judgent, again..both tyres needed significant adjusment. The mornings oil and filter change (just 'cos now it's my bike and gets treats) and with this new Elf chain paste I got...well you just have to go bed things in right :sneaky

Put crash bungs on.

Nice bike..! Ever thought about painting the rims white..? It really pops on the blue ones.

And you should probably wash your bike after being so close to the sea-water...

:hellobye

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I feel like takin some time off work to ride sometimes too espresso.
Got out on saturday shot over the whangamoas just north of nelson, road was dry and not much grit.:thumbup
Got home to see 996km on odometer, better book in for first service.
Good to have you onboard blacknzr1, hope to see a few more kiwis on the forum

·
Hoe8 rider
152 Posts
everyone else in here stoked with the weather lately!!!
got to hit puke last sat, track test days are the best!!
damn these things are quick out of the box.... had a blast, and we are getting close to hampton downs being finished as well!!!

cant wait!!!

1 - 20 of 48 Posts
About this Discussion
47 Replies
10 Participants
blacknzr1
Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums
R1-Forum is a Yamaha R1 motorcycle enthusiasts community dedicated to Yamaha YZF 1000 R1 sportbike. Discuss performance, customization, specs, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing