21 - 40 of 48 Posts

·
14k+ posts and not one helpful
14,287 Posts
:lol:lol You prolly don't wanna know :crash

·
add it to my tab officer!
1,791 Posts
the kiwi is our countrys bird/symbol, like australias kangaroo. funny thing is it doesnt fly! i guess because where on r1's we do.
yer duno how we got that name on the forum, i wana be a bad ass dragon! the n.z squadron. lol
yer gee, now we can see who has what bike, when i started i was the only one from n.z spose i should change my location to b.o.p

·
14k+ posts and not one helpful
14,287 Posts

·
Hoe8 rider
152 Posts
Andrew is a nice bloke, fast as fucck and smooth.
the britton sounds off the hook, not bad for a bike with little too no mapping below 3k rpm!!!

·
Cr1MiNaL
10 Posts
Harro another Kiwi here. Quite daft looking birds I might add, good thing we make up for them with our fast mouths and faster bikes :D
I'm from Auckland JAFA representing !

·
Life's fun, or it's not life
73 Posts
Yo ..gee.. that pic is at Muriwai, west Auckland, just down from the Cafe'...where back in the good 'ol days we'd take the MX bikes up the beach on trailers to the bombing range and go mental for a day, then beat the incoming tide to get back.

The thought of heading to Hampton Downs to watch (ride?) sounds good, will check out the open days. I'm a real squid on the bike so I'd be a danger to everything and everyone, might check out the ultimate 'stay away from noob' class and have a wobbly lap or two trying to learn how to ride properly.

Is there anything in particular I need to know for a first track day ever? I have a van...take the bike there or just ride it there?

·
1,791 Posts
Yo ..gee.. that pic is at Muriwai, west Auckland, just down from the Cafe'...where back in the good 'ol days we'd take the MX bikes up the beach on trailers to the bombing range and go mental for a day, then beat the incoming tide to get back.

The thought of heading to Hampton Downs to watch (ride?) sounds good, will check out the open days. I'm a real squid on the bike so I'd be a danger to everything and everyone, might check out the ultimate 'stay away from noob' class and have a wobbly lap or two trying to learn how to ride properly.

Is there anything in particular I need to know for a first track day ever? I have a van...take the bike there or just ride it there?
will you be leaving from auckland?/take the van, ull be tired.

·
73 Posts
Cheers blacknzr1, 'cos after a day on the MX bike, I'm absolutely knackered and on auto drive home, good point.
Geez reckon I should buy a lotto ticket, finally cleared my responsibilities late today, took the bike out to blow the weeds outta my head i.e. gave it a good strop here and there. Stopped at a fav. lookout and an awesome Nissan 300zx GTR rocked in, and while just getting chatting (the driver was also a biker with a stunning girlfriend.. and he knew his bikes, I was gobbing at his car etc too) two cop cars roll in. Shyte, I assumed they'd clocked me and were about to do a body cavity check :lhumper: . They got the Nissan guy, I must've been in front (not that I was speeding, just might've looked that way :bs ). Had a rather scenic and casual ride home.
Funny thing was though one cop was in a Nissan Maxima, it looked so lame and he'd been trying for ages to catch up and record the 300's speed - the dude had a flash radar detector and slowed each time it went off, but one. By the heat in the tyres as I was checking the 300 over, he was honking it alright, so sat back and kept quiet :corn

About time the All Blacks won last night.

·
1,791 Posts
yer these bikes are quick and easy to get in trouble, a good radar detector is handy, even tho, after about 140 youv got to think twice about stopping, but that might not allways be a possability.
and it seems the fuzz will nail you for just about anything these days just for the hell of it.
take it easy.

·
73 Posts
Anyone else keen to have a sticker, t shirt (small/large jacket patch...or are they banned now?) or whatever R1 'squadron' style? The Kiwi bird itself seems pretty lame, but the fernleaf, black and silver/white, R1 styalized kind of thing could look great. I guess this would be in very limited numbers though :)
Anyone got graphic talent, the inclination, permission needed etc?

21 - 40 of 48 Posts
About this Discussion
47 Replies
10 Participants
blacknzr1
Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums
R1-Forum is a Yamaha R1 motorcycle enthusiasts community dedicated to Yamaha YZF 1000 R1 sportbike. Discuss performance, customization, specs, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing