Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since a lot of you already got your new 04 R1's, any dealers in Southern California giving good OTD (out the door) prices. Im looking to buy this weekend.

Thanks in advanced....

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Can i get some quotes please... Im trying not to get ripe off here....

·
Registered
357 Posts
Unless you're VERY lucky....u prob will NOT find any unclaimed R1's in Southern CA.

If you do, you will more than likely pay full retail (which just went up to $10,699 plus whatever other fees they want, along with tax and license.

The only reason I got a good deal was because I ordered it back in Sep 2003.

Tarl

K

·
0 Posts
there are always good deals to be had, ill ask around and get back to you.

just get the invoice, and tell then you will give them 500 over invoice, and no set up fees, because yamaha reemburses the dealerships for set up.

usually msrp is a good OTD price, so subtract tax and fees, and you should be asking for around that price, which is usually a few hundred above invoice

K

·
0 Posts
Dealer Invoice Report
2004 YZF-R1

List Price: $10599

Dealer Invoice: $8923
This base dealer cost includes freight to the dealership.

Assembly Cost: $50 per Yamaha pricesheet
Each dealership has its own method of figuring actual cost of assembly and preparation for sale.
There is no reimbursement by the factory for this cost to the dealer.

Ready to sell cost: $8973

This model Yamaha has 3% (of list price) dealer holdback.
This holdback money is paid to dealers in at the end of the model year for units that are sold within the previous 12 months. Dealers must pay Yamaha the full "Dealer Invoice" price and wait up to 12 months after selling the machine to receive their dealer holdback.

Wholesale Incentives: none for this model

Retail Incentives: none for this model

The "Ready to sell cost" is the cost of the machine with NO PROFIT to a dealer. Dealers do not stay in business very long by selling machines for no profit.

Many dealers charge additional fees for "Freight and Setup" over and above the selling price of the machine. Add the "Selling Price" to the "Freight and Setup" charges and subtract the "Ready to sell cost" to determine the PROFIT a dealer is asking to make.

***Don't mean to sound like the Cosumer Reports, but buying a bike is like buying a car. Paying MSRP for a new car is absured! A lot of people buy on instinct. WRONG!
I got my R1 brand new for 9400 OTD with an Arai helmet, a full suit, and gloves. $2000 mark up on a new, MASS produced bike is highway robbery! My $.02

my buddy arnold got this info, he is quite the negotiator

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Man, i spent my $12.99 for nothing.... One day to late... But thanks anyway....

kc1717 said:
Dealer Invoice Report
2004 YZF-R1

List Price: $10599

Dealer Invoice: $8923
This base dealer cost includes freight to the dealership.

Assembly Cost: $50 per Yamaha pricesheet
Each dealership has its own method of figuring actual cost of assembly and preparation for sale.
There is no reimbursement by the factory for this cost to the dealer.

Ready to sell cost: $8973

This model Yamaha has 3% (of list price) dealer holdback.
This holdback money is paid to dealers in at the end of the model year for units that are sold within the previous 12 months. Dealers must pay Yamaha the full "Dealer Invoice" price and wait up to 12 months after selling the machine to receive their dealer holdback.

Wholesale Incentives: none for this model

Retail Incentives: none for this model

The "Ready to sell cost" is the cost of the machine with NO PROFIT to a dealer. Dealers do not stay in business very long by selling machines for no profit.

Many dealers charge additional fees for "Freight and Setup" over and above the selling price of the machine. Add the "Selling Price" to the "Freight and Setup" charges and subtract the "Ready to sell cost" to determine the PROFIT a dealer is asking to make.

***Don't mean to sound like the Cosumer Reports, but buying a bike is like buying a car. Paying MSRP for a new car is absured! A lot of people buy on instinct. WRONG!
I got my R1 brand new for 9400 OTD with an Arai helmet, a full suit, and gloves. $2000 mark up on a new, MASS produced bike is highway robbery! My $.02

my buddy arnold got this info, he is quite the negotiator

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Please get back to me if you can... Its so hard to pay $12K OTD when i know other bikes are going for less then MSRP OTD... Much appriciated...

kc1717 said:
there are always good deals to be had, ill ask around and get back to you.

just get the invoice, and tell then you will give them 500 over invoice, and no set up fees, because yamaha reemburses the dealerships for set up.

usually msrp is a good OTD price, so subtract tax and fees, and you should be asking for around that price, which is usually a few hundred above invoice

·
Ride Safe Mofos, I mean it.
1,957 Posts
LA Yamaha sells them for 11.900 out the door but hell if you have 10.000 cash don't give em no more.

·
Action figure sold separately
12,225 Posts
R1ster said:
Man, i spent my $12.99 for nothing.... One day to late... But thanks anyway....
Yes, this was posted a long time ago. Of course, since then, MSRP has increased to $10699:

Attachments

·
Registered
80 Posts
One of my friends just bought one at Berts Mega Mall for 12,100 otd, i think thats a pretty good price:jump :fork

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Whats up with that... Why did they increase $100 on MSPR. I never seen that before...

Eyespy said:
Yes, this was posted a long time ago. Of course, since then, MSRP has increased to $10699:

·
Registered
11 Posts
LA Yamaha - had 2 Blue '04 R1 left (no names on them), after picking up my buddies R1 a couple of weeks ago. That was a couple of weeks ago, so you need to call them for availability. www.layamaha.com

OTD price was less than 12K with the extended 3-4 yr (I forgot how many yrs) warranty.

Easy going, no hassle, no high pressure sales staff. It was a good experience buying from them.

My buddy called them the day before to find out that they had 3 ea. blue R1s, told them to hold one for him. Then I picked it up the next day with my truck.

Called Burt's, Chaparral, HYR, Malcolm Smith, John Burr, YOC, etc... LA Yamaha had the best price + had bikes in stock.

·
Registered
591 Posts
Ster,

I was in Hollywood Motorsports (where I got my '03) not more than ten days ago, and of the six on the floor, only three were pre-sold. The other three were up for grabs.

If you go there, speak only to Jack (the owner). Under no circumstances should you speak to Eric (the salesman).

LA Yamaha may advertise the lowest price. But when I was shopping, they had "new" bikes on the floor with gas and batteries in them. I don't know about you, but I don't negotiate for no new bikes with gas in them, no matter what the price is. And they are hardcore salesmen.

P.S. I don't perceive that it will be difficult to get an '04. Like Mr. **** Jagger once said, time is on your side. More and more are hitting the market. Don't be in a rush. You'll do fine. At the end of '03, the hottest bike in the world (Honda CBR600RR) was all over the place.

Mark

P.P.S. Come to H-wood, and I'll go to dealers with you. It's always better not to go alone.

·
Get your shinebox
86 Posts
OK, so heres a question 4 ya. I have the cash, but Delta is offering triple miles on all purchases until the 15th. My dealer said I could go in 2morrow before the deal ends and pre buy the bike and get the miles, then wait for the bike. He said $11,200 OTD. We talked about the $$ that AMEX charges and MSRP and that seemed fair I guess. What do you think. I suck at barganing. I mean, they have a big line of people waitn to buy this bike here. (S.Florida) or so they say. So how can I really negotioate? Any inputs? Thanks!

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
If that OTD price was in california, it would be a good deal.. But i dont know about Florida... I know all states are diffenent. I was reading another forum and one guy got the 04 R1 OTD for $9800 in Ohio... But i know its not bad... In 2002 I talk to this one guy who bought a 2002 GXR750 for $11,500 OTD... Now thats a rip off...

learjet said:
OK, so heres a question 4 ya. I have the cash, but Delta is offering triple miles on all purchases until the 15th. My dealer said I could go in 2morrow before the deal ends and pre buy the bike and get the miles, then wait for the bike. He said $11,200 OTD. We talked about the $$ that AMEX charges and MSRP and that seemed fair I guess. What do you think. I suck at barganing. I mean, they have a big line of people waitn to buy this bike here. (S.Florida) or so they say. So how can I really negotioate? Any inputs? Thanks!

·
2001 R6 / 2004 R1
168 Posts
fyi - I called a dealer in Long Beach, as of thursday this week they had 2 R1's available (silver & blue).... they want 12.500 for them.

·
Don't be scurred
112 Posts
my buddies and I got our R1's 04 for $11,700 OTD in Los Angeles....:riding

1 - 20 of 34 Posts