Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
R1 pilot
930 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have an issue with my mac. Locked up one day so I killed it with the power button and let it set over night. Next morning, wont reboot. Only has a flashing file with a questionmark. Tried every trick I could find on google to get it to boot. Wouldn't do anything. I unplugged everything and let it set over night and the next day I plugged in just power and it booted but wasn't healthy acting. I went to the apple in the top left and when I clicked it, it locked up again and when I tried to restart it the same thing with the the flashing file happened again.

When it booted, it let me in to my pictures and music so what I plan on doing is this. Get an external hard drive and move as much stuff as I can and hope it doesn't take a dirt nap before I can get the info moved if I can even get it to boot again. I have already bought another hard drive with snow leopard on it as well as a bunch of other stuff I didn't have before.

Any chance a mac person could help me? Anybody know how to extract the data if I cant get it to boot?

Thanks!

·
R1 pilot
930 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I thought the hard drive had to be set up to be used as an external drive? So I can install it in this box plug it in and retrieve data off the drive?

I'm very computer illiterate by the way lol

·
Booya
34,507 Posts
A HD is an HD. The way it's acting leads me to beleive you've got a corrupt system - not a physical issue with the drive itself. Regardless, it's hard to tell without seeing the drive.

Pull it, put it in an external enclosure or even just buy a USB to SATA converter and hook it up to another computer. The drive will mount as a secondary on the computer and you can access your files as if it were just another drive...which it is.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
About this Discussion
4 Replies
3 Participants
Sabian
Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums
R1-Forum is a Yamaha R1 motorcycle enthusiasts community dedicated to Yamaha YZF 1000 R1 sportbike. Discuss performance, customization, specs, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing