Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
WHEELIE KING-girls luvmyweiner
4,299 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im about to purchase some new rubber but I cant decide what brand of tire I want, I hate the damn dunlop 208s. I'm looking to get either the Avon AV 46 Azaro St or the Continental Conti force. I stunt my bike alot that why Im looking at the Avons it has a harder center compound. Just wanted to see if any one has ran this tire and what they thought of it or them?

·
4,299 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Anyone???

·
I am allergic to stupidity!
271 Posts
I don't know about that harder center on the Avons. They are a great tire, heat up quick, but don't last long. I had some on my R6 and if you are stunting, you will use a rear in no time. The Continentals are probably the best tire to buy for the money. They are relatively inexpensive compared to other tires. Not bad, they will las tlonger than the Avons.

·
mmmmm...black bike
1,856 Posts
Maybe you should look into the Metzeler Roadtec Z6's. They are a sport touring tire that had LOTS of grip dry and wet weather...and are supposed to last up to 8000 miles!!! I love mine so far but have only put about 300 miles on them.:hellobye

·
Wanta c if I got the minerals?
1,226 Posts
I also do alot of stunting and I have run Avon's twice now and have had no problems what so ever with them.

I have jumped from sportec-m1 to the avon and they haven't given me any reason to change back.

For the amount of time I spend on one wheel there pretty decent.

You'll never know unless you give them a try.

Sportec-m1 and rennsports are also great rubber.

·
4,299 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Seinfeld said:
I also do alot of stunting and I have run Avon's twice now and have had no problems what so ever with them.

I have jumped from sportec-m1 to the avon and they haven't given me any reason to change back.

For the amount of time I spend on one wheel there pretty decent.

You'll never know unless you give them a try.

Sportec-m1 and rennsports are also great rubber.
Seinfeld which avons do you run?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts