Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm new to the site and was wonderring if there any UK members of this site, and if so, where in the UK are you?

Anyone ever get up to the Cat & Fiddle Pass Macclesfield to Buxton road in the Peak District?

I'm located in the North West (Cheshire) and am a regular in the Peak District.

Steve

·
I've eaten my R1
20 Posts
Welcome to the Forum. There are a few UK members lurking around here!

I'm London-based but have been up to the Cat & Fiddle a couple of times - i just wish i didn't have to ride so far to get to such great roads.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah, Im only 35 miles away from the Cat and Fiddle pub, its my favourite road, and in the summer I am known to ride that route to work. Given I live in Cheahire and work in Lancashire a detour to the Cat is well worth it.

Its even worth a ride from London!

Given you are in London, did you go on the KillSpills rally from the Ace Cafe to Westminster last month? I organised it.

Steve

·
I've eaten my R1
20 Posts
It's definately worth the ride for sure! I have a mate in Stoke with a 'Blade and whenever i'm up there he seems to find better and better routes. There are a couple of good runs down here but you can string so many good routes togther around the Cat & Fiddle etc you can ride for hours!

I was away the weeknd of the rally but i would have been there for sure. It looked like it was a great turnout.

Its fantastic that you organised something like that (must have taken some planning!). I really hope the Government take notice and do something about the dangers....

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Turnout was fantastic at the Rally, we had 2,500 bikes and it was raining! The Police reckoned that we would have had at least another 1,000 bikes if the weather had been dry. We are currently planning next years rally (our third), the date is set for the 9th September 2006 at the Ace Café and hopefully we will get over 3,000 riders.

The Government are starting to listen to us, I now sit on the Department for Transport’s Motorcycle Technical, Engineering and Environmental sub group of the National Motorcycle Council, so they have noticed us, the thing is the Government still must deliver….. and we wont let that go.

Take a look at www.killspills.org.uk

Steve

1 - 7 of 7 Posts