Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Mass
1,013 Posts
I think dragging with a passenger is the stupidest thing one can do. I ride like a bitch when i've got a passenger. Killing myself is ok, screwing up someoen else is BAAAAD

·
Home Track Qualified
900 Posts
I know a guy who is supposed to be able to drag 2up, although I have never personally witnessed it. He and his girl both ride in full leathers, and actually, their combined weight would not be that much more than my 1 up weight. I'll see if he can e-mail me a pic.

BTW I ride like a bitch 2up, but still get told that I am going to damn fast for her.:2bitchsla slow down a**hole

·
G Addict
2,851 Posts
How about if the chick drags more knee than the rider leaving a stripe from her puck. :eek: :boobies

Attachments

·
Ladies love the silver
127 Posts
Thats crazy man!! I am like the rest of you guys, I ride very slow and still get told i am going too fast. Every once in a while there will be a girl that thinks she is a hard ass and says do a wheelie, but i am very hesitant and usually go up and straight back down. But I still think that it is dumb to try.

·
Backin it in at a track near u
296 Posts
I can

Me and my GF Do this quite often, however during normal riding we don't drag knee much, mostly just to play for the cameras.... here is a pic, I have plenty more pics and video if anyone is interested.........

Attachments

·
296 Posts
Another

hehe, wouldn't be me you're talking about would it MBAM?

oh, this is Travis btw (US421-R6) from Cycle forums.... here is another pic of us. sorry it's kinda blurry

Attachments

·
My RR tempts me
654 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I can't get over the idea that the front end is going to wash out on me. How do you deal with that? Those are awesome pics, not anything that I am going to try soon, thats for sure.

·
Banned
1,059 Posts
421R1, those are RIDICULOUS!! You make it look so easy. Way to go, man.

·
296 Posts
Thanks for the compliments guys, I honestly expected to get flamed for posting them... As far as the front end goes, it's really all just a matter of trust in your tires/suspension. I have grown to trust both of them by my time on the racetrack, it's more of a mental thing than anything else. Honestly it's no harder than kneedragging by yourself after you do it once, but, Alot of that depends on the passenger. Keshia (My Girlfriend) Is as fearless as I could ever be so it makes things alot easier......

Here's a pic where I'm probably making it look easy.... :) oh, and look close for her hand (it's hard to see with her black gloves on)

Attachments

·
My RR tempts me
654 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Is your suspension optimized for your weight only, for two-up, or did you just not even touch it from stock? I can't see her hand, is she urging you on?:)

·
296 Posts
Landshark92 said:
Is your suspension optimized for your weight only, for two-up, or did you just not even touch it from stock? I can't see her hand, is she urging you on?:)
I've got the bike set up for us two up... really all I have to change is the rear, mostly the preload, it takes about 3 more clicks to get the sag right with her on the back... when I'm riding alone, I switch it back to my settings, but, the compression/rebound on front and rear stays the same...

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
Man how long did it take for you to have your wife let you get your knee down with her...thats :thumbup

1 - 20 of 60 Posts