Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
SoooooPra~
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just curious..What kind of cars did you guys beat/lose to? Ever seen that Supra beat the stock busa video? if not can you guys teach me how to post up the video?? thanks.

·
Road Warrior
721 Posts
I went up against a hopped up older style Camaro, in town; car guys just don't get it - double the horsepower, 8+ times the weight. Good luck! I would have liked to have seen his face as I wheelied past him and his noise machine.:D

·
slowest rider ..rides in front
1,148 Posts
my friends ///M3 didn't beat me but stayed w/ me at 150mph .... then I hit it and smoked him topping off at 175mph before I shut it down :D

if you loose to a car riding an R1 .. either the car is heavily modified or you just plain suck

·
R1 Freak
5 Posts
I have a 91' Mustang street car that runs 9.70 @ 140 mph that will beat my R1.

Btw Sunday I won 2nd at the street race in small tire class at my local drag strip, Lost by .0294 seconds.

The race was heads up no bracket racing and instant green just like a real street race.

Insurance , tags , and inspection required.

Jason

·
Registered
447 Posts
Jason Hunter said:
I have a 91' Mustang street car that runs 9.70 @ 140 mph that will beat my R1.
Jason
Thats quick! I like the Mustang. I would love to get one with the Roush Racing Kit. I also like the Camero and Firebird but they are getting discontinued. :(

·
R1 Newbie
15 Posts
PsyKotiC RydeR said:
So, Have you guyys ever seen that vid where the supra takes down the busa yet?

i've seen that video. i even got it on my school computer!!

·
Registered
447 Posts
PsyKotiC RydeR said:
it keeps on timing out..and i tried to send it on email but the file is too big.=(
Hmm, other people have had the same problem. I don't have rights to look into that but I'm sure Swedie will once he gets back. Hold on to it for now.

·
Registered
447 Posts
Re: Sleds!!!

SmokeEater said:
What about losing to the snowmobiles at the strip? Those things are wicked fast.
Welcome to the forum! I know people that have done some insane speeds on snowmobiles. You are right, they are wicked fast. One guy I know said you get the best feeling of speed on a snowmobile! I've actually never been on one.

·
slowest rider ..rides in front
1,148 Posts
Re: Re: Sleds!!!

LtdR1Ryder said:

One guy I know said you get the best feeling of speed on a snowmobile! I've actually never been on one.
...and actually he has never been on a R1 :D

1 - 14 of 14 Posts