Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
One Liter Duck Eater
375 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It’s just like the Formula 1 docu-series on Netflix. It’s pretty good in my opinion. My only gripe is that they blow through the subtitles too damn quick.

What are your thoughts?

·
Venom X/O
26,544 Posts

·
One Liter Duck Eater
375 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

·
If speed kills quit taking it
1,659 Posts
It’s just like the Formula 1 docu-series on Netflix. It’s pretty good in my opinion. My only gripe is that they blow through the subtitles too damn quick.

What are your thoughts?
After starting to watch Drive to Survive because I was bored - and then binge watching all the episodes - I can honestly say I was disappointed in the MotoGP version. It feels quickly cobbled together and I didn't really feel I engaged a lot with the riders. I've been a motorcycle GP fan my whole life, and I really wanted to like this show, but I eventually just watched a few episodes and gave up on it. It's been a while since I watched them, but wasn't there a voiceover/dubbing for the non-English speaking riders? I remember finding that really annoying.

·
If speed kills quit taking it
1,659 Posts

·
I miss my R1
3,843 Posts
After starting to watch Drive to Survive because I was bored - and then binge watching all the episodes - I can honestly say I was disappointed in the MotoGP version. It feels quickly cobbled together and I didn't really feel I engaged a lot with the riders. I've been a motorcycle GP fan my whole life, and I really wanted to like this show, but I eventually just watched a few episodes and gave up on it. It's been a while since I watched them, but wasn't there a voiceover/dubbing for the non-English speaking riders? I remember finding that really annoying.
The voices were originally dubbed for North American (maybe UK as well?) viewers, then they removed them and added subtitles.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I watched the motogp one and it was ok. I then watched the f1 series, even though I stopped watching f1 years ago because it started getting boring with all the restrictions but anyway I really enjoyed the f1 series, much more than the motogp one. I also ended up binge watching all the seasons and the great thing was that I dont follow f1 so i didn't know how the world championship would end. It was awesome that red bull pulled it over at the last on Mercedes, I can't wait for the 2022 season series next year. I'll look up the superbikes one tonight, thanks for this.

·
Horsepower whisperer
2022 Yamaha YZF-R1 60th WGP Anniversary Edition
1,908 Posts
Amazon prime is an actual TV channel? I know some will think it's a dumb question, but I seriously don't know. 😄

·
An R1 kinda day!
2015 Yamaha YZF R1 Raven Edition
1,248 Posts
I liked it.

But I would most likely watch the worst motorcycle documentary WAY before I would watch the rest of the crap showing up on the telly in today's world.

Except for maybe Forged in Fire.

Just sayin'

Reactions: greg328
1 - 15 of 15 Posts