Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bender, Martin, or anybody else. As you know my bike is running and I complained of the more than normal r1 tick. Well I was trying to find it exactly and it sounded like it was coming directly from the bottom of the oil pan right above the exup. Than I took off th plastics and it sounded like it was coming from the exup. I can hear the same sound projected at the end of the pipe just before the can. It sounds exactly like the infamous r1 tick but louder and from the very bottom of engine. I really couldnt tell if it was coming from the pan or the exup just could tell that area. It doesnt sound like a rod or anything. My exup is adjusted perfectly to service manual specs. What do you think?

·
Formley known as slutty
5,183 Posts
may need to clean the exup.

or you could just get rid of it and put on a full system.

·
Made You Look !
667 Posts
Mine sort of ticks. When I am off of the throttle, it makes a sound like when you stick a piece of paper in a fan. It is a real quiet sound. :dunno

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Mine does it at idle cant really hear it when riding. Already cleaned it too. I wonder if it is anything in the motor, what would make a ticking sound like that coming from the bottom of the oil pan. GOd this bike is reallly frustrating me.

·
Member 1352
1,904 Posts
Make sure that the little tension spring in on there. Remove the chrome cover and its the little vertically mounted spring that goes between the valve hinges. I believe it's purpose is to provide tension on the hinges so they dont vibrate and to take up any slop. I started my bike one without it and it rattled like crazy...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts