Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
the R1 made me do it
750 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im looking to get my rearsets, pavillion pegs, and shift rod powdercoated black. i took them to the local shop but they had some issues with doing them because of the swivel joint that connects to the shift rod... if anyone does this let me know a price and general information. i tried to remove the piece but had no luck so if anybody has advice i would appreciate it. what did everybody do when they got theres done?

·
the R1 made me do it
750 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
anyone?

·
the R1 made me do it
750 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
waiting on reply...

·
Reckless
631 Posts
There was a member on this forum that makes LED rear passenger pegs, he also powdercoats parts. I had him do my shift rod, rearsets and rear passenger pegs. I sent him the parts complete he powdercoated them and sent them back, they came out good.

Just run a search for LED passenger pegs and you should find him.

·
the R1 made me do it
750 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
good looking bike. about how much did he charge?
did you send your rearsets and pavillion pegs put together or taken completely apart?

·
Reckless
631 Posts
Thanks,
I did not take them apart, I think he charged like $50 and that included the shipping back to me, I only paid to ship to him.
The turn around time is quick, he is located in Florida.

·
the R1 made me do it
750 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
whats his name you remember? im searching but thers alot of people...

·
the R1 made me do it
750 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
thanks alot. you just buy from paypal and then ship your peices to them? did you send you shift rod?

·
the R1 made me do it
750 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

·
the R1 made me do it
750 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
HaHa im a idiot... dont know where the hell i got pavillion:crash

·
Premium Member
8,457 Posts
A friend just drilled my passenger pegs in preparation for 4 LEDs on each side to serve as turn signals/running lights, and next all my chit goes to the powdercoater. Powdercoater is going to charge me 30 for the passenger pegs and 60 for the rear sets and that rod.

The rearsets are still on my bike because I need it for a Shriner's toy run Saturday and didn't want pressure of having to put it back together Fri. night.

I'll post pics I took throughout the project after its all completed.

·
The Patient
1,643 Posts
powder the shifter parts will be hard, the shifter has a bushing on it, and only the brass parts is brass and under that its phenolic, which mels and bubbles up, when i duid some for my buddy i used and old shifter i had from my r1 and it screwed it up, so i used some fiberglass high temp tape on the inside over the bushing. i turned the heat up to about 450 deg f. and did the shifter with the bushing first and as soon as the powder flowed (about 7 minutes) out i removed the part and put in hot water to cool off... then did the ret of the parts. just be careful

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.