Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

· Registered
1,687 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Rhok Molten and Lunasee both make them. Any idea which is better? I like the idea for safety purposes at night. I'm not a fan of neon underglow but this is a little cleaner imo. A little light charges the tape and then the tape emits it's own glow unlike reflective tape.

RHOK Molten

Lunasee

· Premium Member
1,059 Posts
Nice bro nice I never said it wouldnt increase your visabilty but you have to remember when you do that it will increase people fixing on you and moving towards you so do you want bright shiny crap on your bike so motorists will fix on it or do you want to ride your bike on the street in a safe manner?

P.S I love big titties

· 14k+ posts and not one helpful
14,358 Posts
Not my style... If you wanted to be safer I'd simply go with reflective rim tape... That light up stuff is just begging for a drunk driver or some dumbfounded asshole to run into you... Not to mention the unwanted attention from LE.

· My R1 feeds me
480 Posts
Dont know about you OP but the least amount of attention I get on the road the better, its illegal to have neons on your cars, bikes etc where I live.

Even tho its not a neon, they would pull you over just to see, and next thing you know boom, ticket for no cat, loud exhaust and not having your side reflectors on the tail end because you put a fender elim.

XD dont give the man a reason to mess with you

· Premium Member
12,690 Posts
You guys must live in some tight ass states.

Cops could care less how loud my bike is, how stinking it is with no cat, how mirrorless it is. Hell, they don't even care about you not having a helmet as long as you're 21 and older (not that I'm stupid enough to ride without one).

· Registered
22 Posts
That looks awesome I might get it. I ride to work at midnight every night so my bike is full of lights. I go through dark, non-lit back roads so I do everything I can to stay visible. People think it's a squid thing but I do it for my safety and I never have my led lights on during the day. And I agree with one2 the cops here don't give a hoot about motorcycles, they prefer not to deal with us.

· Premium Member
1,059 Posts
That looks awesome I might get it. I ride to work at midnight every night so my bike is full of lights. I go through dark, non-lit back roads so I do everything I can to stay visible. People think it's a squid thing but I do it for my safety and I never have my led lights on during the day. And I agree with one2 the cops here don't give a hoot about motorcycles, they prefer not to deal with us.

Each to there own but the basics of the idea on other motorist is sound especially when we are all taught when we fix on something when riding we move towards it that is the same with other motorist and I also do a lot of night riding and not on back roads but our country roads and they get dark like real dark this would never convince me of doing it if you want to spend the money then I would say get your self a set of really good lights to increase your visibility that's just an opinion tho

· Registered
167 Posts
It's just reflective tape very cheap and easy to do. As far as being squidie I kinda agree and disagree. Not everyone goes to a track and drives like a crazy person. Some people like their bike to look custom and nice. I can't knock on them for that as long as it looks good and not lit up like a Christmas tree lol.

· big tracks scare me
8,580 Posts
Each to there own but the basics of the idea on other motorist is sound especially when we are all taught when we fix on something when riding we move towards it that is the same with other motorist and I also do a lot of night riding and not on back roads but our country roads and they get dark like real dark this would never convince me of doing it if you want to spend the money then I would say get your self a set of really good lights to increase your visibility that's just an opinion tho
.'s and ,'s can be your friend.

14,358 Posts
:lol

· Δt → 0 ⇒ v̅ → |v̅
897 Posts
go the none squid way manzz http://motoinkz.com/ :thumbup you can get high viz colors and not the glowing poop :deal2:

14,358 Posts
Those actually look really good!

1 - 20 of 33 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.