Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone get a 2020 R1 on the dyno yet? I have seen the Yamaha claimed dyno chart for the UK model but not the USA model which in 2015-19 gets less HP than the euro spec, I think it is because the YCCT closes the throttle to 85-88% after 12,500rpm and the euro's might not.

·
Super Moderator
24,046 Posts
Do you know that every dyno reads differently? Some are set to maximize HP while others are not. It's really NOT a good way to compare your r1.

·
(insert witty statement here)
257 Posts
Have you noticed the area you can notch out on the 2020 swingarm to extend the wheelbase?
Lil Yami easter egg....

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
I’m assuming there’s a turbo boost that’ll happen if you do... ????

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
kickin' at the darkness
10,145 Posts
Do you know that every dyno reads differently? Some are set to maximize HP while others are not. It's really NOT a good way to compare your r1.
agreed.. the problem is a bunch of noobs who have never owned an r1 are always the 1st
to go to yer trigger happy local dyno-jerk shops. No offense to said morons, but seriously.

enough already. :D

dynos are a very poor method of testing an engine's prowess.

hell, half the riders on here are still arguing over the merits of a proper break-in..

cant cure stupid.

·
kickin' at the darkness
10,145 Posts

·
kickin' at the darkness
10,145 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
I think it is because the YCCT closes the throttle to 85-88% after 12,500rpm and the euro's might not.
If you're talking about bone stock setups, you can get rid of that throttle closing through any flash. Also, stock US 2018's map compared to stock EU 2018's map doesn't have any differences for the TPS vs RPM or MAP vs RPM on fueling for all 4 cylinder maps. The fueling reduction you're seeing on the cylinder 1 map is present on cylinder 3's map. Cylinder 2's map does not have a reduction. Cylinder 4's reduction is light and begins at 11500. I think you're just seeing dyno variation with too small of a sample pool to conclude any significant results.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Then what’s the best way to know the bike’s power ?
If your local shop is so inclined, they will put the averages they're pulling off of other bikes, along with a list of modifications done to those bikes (Motorsport Exotica in Los Angeles does this). With that data, you'll have a common dyno to compare off of, but note that even the temperature and humidity can cause variances in readings. It's still better than "Dyno A said this, but Dyno B said that".

·
kickin' at the darkness
10,145 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
If your local shop is so inclined, they will put the averages they're pulling off of other bikes, along with a list of modifications done to those bikes (Motorsport Exotica in Los Angeles does this). With that data, you'll have a common dyno to compare off of, but note that even the temperature and humidity can cause variances in readings. It's still better than "Dyno A said this, but Dyno B said that".
Totally agree... you are right

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Can someone tell me why the euro spec bikes make more power than the US spec bikes? I thought it was the YCCT shutting down. I saw a CCU imposed R1M video where it was every single straight showing the throttle going consistantly from 100% to 88% after he hit 12,500rpm. I thought I saw a FTECU chart that said YCCT (in a really long FTECU thread) that showed the same thing but 86% or 85%. My goal is to get full power from the bike but I thought it was through the YCCT position.

·
Registered
13 Posts
From German bike Mag PS dyno test (and comparison with S1000RR) the R1 made 204 bhp In Euro spec.
Bimmer made more, but with EURO 4 emisons compliance Only. The R1 was the full EURO 5 with the four cats.

1 - 20 of 61 Posts