Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A guy at my shop who races an 07 R1 locally put fork tube/triple clamp extenders on his race bike which allow him to raise the front end so he could run a 60 or 70 series tire on the rear and the rear end wouldn't sit too high. I believe he also cut the shock spring to lower the rear. He said this is the way the Yamaha factory racing sets these bikes up. Anyone heard of this and whether it makese sense ?

·
Vendor
251 Posts
A guy at my shop who races an 07 R1 locally put fork tube/triple clamp extenders on his race bike which allow him to raise the front end so he could run a 60 or 70 series tire on the rear and the rear end wouldn't sit too high. I believe he also cut the shock spring to lower the rear. He said this is the way the Yamaha factory racing sets these bikes up. Anyone heard of this and whether it makese sense ?
Do not cut the shock spring! We do make special fork caps for the Ohlin?s 25m internal fork kits. This allows us to raise the bike up as much as 10mm at the fork cap and we extend the internal length 10mm in all 20mm taller in the front.
The rear shock ? do not cut the spring this will only make the rear shock sit lower in the stroke and will change the rate of the spring. We make a top shock mount (clevis) that is 3mm shorter. This allows the rear to be lower and in the case that you want to raise the rear you can install shims under the mount in 1mm increments.

Chuck

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Chuck. Forgive me for restating the obvious, but is it fair to say that you make the part becasue you guys think the front end needs to be lifted to handle correctly?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.