Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Down with the sickness
281 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here's the deal. August 31-Sept 6 I spent on my honeymoon in Puerto Vallarta Mexico. After looking on the web, we chose a rental home from a reputable website that was just outside the old city. According to the site, and the lady renting the place, it had close beach access, among many other things. I paid for six nights up front, no contract, no papers to sign for either person (stupid, now I know). We woke up after the first night, and my wife was covered in insect bites, there were ants in the bed, all over the room, in the kitchen, and in our food. I had to throw away all of the food I had bought the night before, except what was in the fridge. I spoke with the housekeeper, she said this was a problem, and that spraying did not get rid of the ants. OK, that's bad enough, now time to go to the city. What the owner said was very easy bus access turned into a twenty minute walk down a 40 degree incline hill (that turns into a walk up the hill on the way back). Needless to say, after two nights we pulled camp and moved into a large hotel in the city. I contacted the owner by email (didn't have her number) and told her all this. Gave her an address to send the refund for the unused nights, and enjoyed the rest of the stay. Only problem is, now I get a letter from her attorney stating that we caused the ants by eating in the room (hmm, that why they were in the other rooms also?) , and they've never had this problem before (hmm, remember what the maid told me?). Basically they are lying out of their teeth, and don't want to give the money back. So in short, if travelling to Puerto Vallarta, DON'T stay at this place http://www.greatvacationhomes.com/rentals/682.html
These people are lying, thieving pieces of shit who deserve nothing but the worst. Anyway, don't make the mistake I did, and stay in a reputable hotel where you can pay by credit card. :mad: :boom

·
Registered
100 Posts
That was just for that particuar place. I have been to Puerto Vallarta on two separate occasions. I strongly recommend the Mayan Palace resort. That is where I have stayed both times. It was great both times.

Sorry to hear that happened on your vacation

·
Down with the sickness
281 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
theron19d said:
I would make a special trip back there if I were you and their ants would be the least of their problems...
Better than that, the idiot owners live in New Jersey, so it's a little closer to home ;)
Yes, Puerto Vallarta in general was decent. We ended up staying at a resort downtown, and that was much better. Still not one of my top places to vacate though. If you do go, stay at a resort, get ready to be hassled by time share morons every second of the day, and prepare to sweat. The weather was miserable when we went, terribly humid. Pay for everything you can by credit card, that way there is a chance you get your money back if you are ripped off.

·
06 is my year
1,062 Posts
Post their address in NJ......I wonder how they would like the sound and smell of a few bikes layin down some tracks at 2 a.m. in front of the their home......haha

It would do wonders for their rep with their neighbors too.....

1 - 6 of 6 Posts