Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 92 Posts

·
amazed....
2006 Yamaha R1 LE #244
601 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone else ride dirt as well? I stared on dirt at the age of 8. Postup your bikes or vids. Lets see them if ya got them.

468 Posts
Anyone else ride dirt as well? I stared on dirt at the age of 8. Postup your bikes or vids. Lets see them if ya got them.

Nice!! Looks like good fun!!

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2017 R1M
710 Posts
WOW! Yea, we got NOTHING like that here in Florida. That looks AMAZING. The KTM 2-smoker looks equally amazing. I love all the bling parts you got. You will need that oversized fuel tank cause I didnt see a single gas station in your pics. LOLZ.
lol on gas tank! Yeah 2.4 doesn’t go that far for sure. The tps gets pretty good mileage , but the hill climbs go through gas hard, especially if you don’t make them the first time?
75AE0238-D124-4EAA-8DC8-4A8B84AFA32F.jpeg

·
amazed....
2006 Yamaha R1 LE #244
601 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
This is great. I have only had yellow Yamaha's until just recently. I started with a 1985 Tri-Z 250. It was my parents compromise between a dirt bike and snowmobile. Then I got a 2006 YZ250F when my kids got old enough to learn how to ride. Then I got a 2016 YZ450F. That bike took the fun out of riding for me. Now a 2019 YZ250F (first blue one). First one without a kick start and be overall bike so far.

Attachments

·
Registered
2017 R1M
710 Posts
This is great. I have only had yellow Yamaha's until just recently. I started with a 1985 Tri-Z 250. It was my parents compromise between a dirt bike and snowmobile. Then I got a 2006 YZ250F when my kids got old enough to learn how to ride. Then I got a 2016 YZ450F. That bike took the fun out of riding for me. Now a 2019 YZ250F (first blue one). First one without a kick start and be overall bike so far.
thats awesome Loose. Like you I started in the dirt and have been riding for around 45 years. Now almost 56, I still ride dirt almost once a week and commute to work daily.I started out on a 68 CL90 and then got a xr75. My ffist 2 stroke was a 77 cr125. Then I got the big yz465,490,k500,cr500,08 ktm300 and 2020 ktm300.
my 20 is first w/ out a kick . I may change that as I ride in areas off the beaten path.

·
amazed....
2006 Yamaha R1 LE #244
601 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Still sorting everything out as I ride tech, w/ hill climbs and hard enduro stuff with lots of rock and waterfalls. I like it to be plush ,but not deflect or bottom.
That may be hard with all the different terrain that you're going through. You may have to find a happy medium and make a compromise

·
amazed....
2006 Yamaha R1 LE #244
601 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I'm still figuring it out. I'm not sure I like the electric starter. I would actually prefer the kick as it is dependable and reliable. Batteries are not. I understand your circumstances, being out in the middle of nowhere and the bike won't start.

·
Registered
2017 R1M
710 Posts
That may be hard with all the different terrain that you're going through. You may have to find a happy medium and make a compromise
That is true. I’m close though. It still goes through the whooped stuff pretty well and the rock gardens.
rear sag and static is really critical on dirt bikes and especially PDS rear susp.

·
Registered
2017 R1M
710 Posts
I'm still figuring it out. I'm not sure I like the electric starter. I would actually prefer the kick as it is dependable and reliable. Batteries are not. I understand your circumstances, being out in the middle of nowhere and the bike won't start.
I love the elec start , but with added kick for that 1 special time?
out in the boonies I’ll carry a light weight jump pack. But here’s the thing, I weigh 175 and fully geared its 219lbs! I guess that’s the beauty of track riding. Only boots and helmet weighs you down.

1 - 20 of 92 Posts