Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Git er' done
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This may be old news, and I wrote about it in another 5 page deep thread, but I figured it would get more hits starting from scratch. I found a pic of an 04 R1 at the winter tire tests from Daytona, it looks to be one of Graves bikes with a single outlet exhaust, a prototype more than likely. I know the aftermarket is going to have a hay-day selling two outlets for the new R1, but what, if any, advantages would a single outlet bring, besides money and weight obviously! Would it alter the midrange because of less flow through one outlet thus boosting midrange, or would it merely soften the stupendous topend rush the bike is going to have without the added flow? Just curious what you guys thought. I would like to see it happen, it doesnt look too out of place even though there are two sculpted slots for the two outlets. I like it and could live with it easily if it meant more midrange without sacrificing the topend punch. It would deal with some of the heat probs that are cropping up under the tailend too. Cheaper, cooler, still pleasing to the eye. I like it. well here is the pic.

Attachments

·
Git er' done
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hmmm, dairyman I suppose ya could do a little NOS in that slot too. Even better, have a fake exhaust can with NOS configured in it, so it would look like a double exit system but poof! squeeze off a few extra 20-30HP and knock somebodys socks off. Then you could say thats what you get for messin with the "ONE".

·
450 coming shortly...
7,696 Posts
yamarulz said:
This may be old news, and I wrote about it in another 5 page deep thread, but I figured it would get more hits starting from scratch. I found a pic of an 04 R1 at the winter tire tests from Daytona, it looks to be one of Graves bikes with a single outlet exhaust, a prototype more than likely. I know the aftermarket is going to have a hay-day selling two outlets for the new R1, but what, if any, advantages would a single outlet bring, besides money and weight obviously! Would it alter the midrange because of less flow through one outlet thus boosting midrange, or would it merely soften the stupendous topend rush the bike is going to have without the added flow? Just curious what you guys thought. I would like to see it happen, it doesnt look too out of place even though there are two sculpted slots for the two outlets. I like it and could live with it easily if it meant more midrange without sacrificing the topend punch. It would deal with some of the heat probs that are cropping up under the tailend too. Cheaper, cooler, still pleasing to the eye. I like it. well here is the pic.
Possibly if an aftermarket tail section comes out,they could go with the single pipe like on the 03 cbr 600:fact

1 - 7 of 7 Posts