Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
THE MAN
3,743 Posts
you can spray anything without tuning it, but then you are just shooting a gun into a dark room.

I think on most of the modern FI liter bikes you can go to about 30 shot without adding fuel manually, but after that you have to add fuel somehow.

as cheap as a PC is, and as expensive as a blown up motor is, I just cannot see spending money on n2O before a PC.

·
Ghostrider Squadron
9,251 Posts
thats about right. i shot dry shot on my carbed 00(tho jetted for nitrous) and it picked up .4. thats about right in most cases. as long as it doesnt lean out. u can do it for little bit.. but if ur gonna spray all time.. then get powercommander and richen it up for safety.

i shot 60 hp wet kit to my 04 with no pc for 2 years. never had any problems with nitrous.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Well it was my old bike which was a 2002 and my best run on spray was a 9.8 I dont remember the speed and i went 10.2 on just motor. My new which is an 05 R1 I have only went to the track once and went 10.0 with baffles and sprockets. I ended up frying the clutch and was having a hell of a time launching my new bike, the best 60ft I got was 1.72. I just need more practice.

·
Ghostrider Squadron
9,251 Posts
yes with wet kit.. u really dont need it. ur adding fuel with nitrous via nozzles. but still it all depends on ur tune.. what ur A/F is. if normally ur bike is a little rich.. then dry shot with it should be fine. now if u have bike pipe, no air filter and such without PC and run dry shot.. well ur asking for trouble. its all how ur A/F is on ur bike. those at higher elevations can get away with more.. less oxygen in air and bikes will be on rich side. those closer to sea level there A/F should be little better on just motor. so adding nitrous will lean it out.. as always.. if u dont plan on running a PC.. put it on dyno... just to see what A/F is on motor and then spray it. as long as its within safe limits.. no problems.. what does dyno run cost??? $25-75... thats lots less than building motor.. better to be safe than sorry

·
Go in deeper come out faster
6,403 Posts
yes with wet kit.. u really dont need it. ur adding fuel with nitrous via nozzles. but still it all depends on ur tune.. what ur A/F is. if normally ur bike is a little rich.. then dry shot with it should be fine. now if u have bike pipe, no air filter and such without PC and run dry shot.. well ur asking for trouble. its all how ur A/F is on ur bike. those at higher elevations can get away with more.. less oxygen in air and bikes will be on rich side. those closer to sea level there A/F should be little better on just motor. so adding nitrous will lean it out.. as always.. if u dont plan on running a PC.. put it on dyno... just to see what A/F is on motor and then spray it. as long as its within safe limits.. no problems.. what does dyno run cost??? $25-75... thats lots less than building motor.. better to be safe than sorry
Wish I could find a place to tunes or let alone lets you just get a base run for those prices. I can't find anywhere less than 400.....thats outrageous in my mind. I got another bottle and setup that will go under the other side of the tail.

Any where online I can find a fogger nozzle that was pictured in those pics a while back for the NX system?

Thanks

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.