Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
One Liter Duck Eater
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know if they would fit?

Would I have to change out the master cylinder?

I currently have steel braided lines. Would I need to buy a new set of lines for the swap?

Just looking to get part 2 of my build ready. Thanks in advance.

·
But why does my R1 eat me?
38 Posts
Different disc sizes so I would say probably not.
Also looking at the pics of the two bikes from the side, seems like the measurement between the bolts are shorter for 15+.

I had 04 forks on my 09 when I first got her and those had 320mm discs vs. stock 310mm size. I bought 14 forks with calipers and tried to install without changing discs...ended up having to change discs.
Some people will say you can buy a spacer, I tried that too. It's not worth the hassle, in my opinion. You could change the whole front end out though, minus the triples and bearings, since the diameters are the same.

·
But why does my R1 eat me?
38 Posts
Link to a post of mine with both bikes to compare.

·
Premium Member
2011 R1
25 Posts
The six pot calipers are absolute shite. Really wooden and no feel, either on or off. Trouble is the M4's are £1200 plus

·
Registered
1,617 Posts
There are brembo's you can buy that have a bracket to run 108mm calipers but you are limited on which ones you can run. They also make a more expensive 130mm brembo. see if you can find a set of ohlins forks off an earlier year I think 04-06 will swap and then you can run proper 108mm calipers. The 15 calipers aren't special. If you get spoiler lines you can twist the ends so they fit perfect to your application.

·
I'm an Englishman in WI.
33,690 Posts
There are brembo's you can buy that have a bracket to run 108mm calipers but you are limited on which ones you can run. They also make a more expensive 130mm brembo. see if you can find a set of ohlins forks off an earlier year I think 04-06 will swap and then you can run proper 108mm calipers. The 15 calipers aren't special. If you get spoiler lines you can twist the ends so they fit perfect to your application.
Those Brembo brackets do not run 108 calipers either.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts