Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Banned
710 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone use Denso Iridum plugs if so are they the IU27 model?

I was thinking of changing these over the NGK stockers.

·
My R1 made me a p*rn star
260 Posts
I use desnos in my car and they work great

·
Banned
710 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
So did Denso supply plugs for Yamaha in 2002? It says so in their press statment.

The NGK are not irridium are they?

DENSO's High-Performance Iridium Power Spark Plug Selected for Sports Motorcycle YZF-R1 of Yamaha
Date: 1/21/2002

TOKYO, Japan – Japan-based DENSO Corporation today announced that Yamaha Motor Co., Ltd., headquartered in Iwata city, Japan, has selected one of DENSO’s high-performance ignition spark plugs named Iridium Power (IU27D), for its sports motorcycle YZF-R1. The sports motorcycle YZF-R1 is 1,000cc in displacement, and was launched in January 2002 in Europe and the United States. DENSO plans to supply 40,000 plugs to Yamaha in 2002.

“DENSO is reinforcing sales of Iridium Power in the U.S. and European aftermarkets,” said Oyuki Ogawa, managing director of DENSO Corporation. “We expect that Yamaha’s adoption of the Iridium Power will greatly help promote sales expansion in the American and European spare parts markets.” The sports motorcycle YZF-R1 is regarded as a flagship motorcycle at Yamaha.

In the aftermarket, DENSO started selling Iridium Power spark plugs in Japan for passenger cars in May 1998, for karts and snowmobiles in February 1999, and for motorcycles in June 1999. Supplying OEM’s Iridium Power spark plugs for motorcycles began in February 2000.

·
I rocked in Iraq
889 Posts
I am pretty sure mine had Denso, and the book says Denso, and I replaced them with Denso. They worked great, although they are too expensive! I use NGK in all my dirt bikes, I am sure they are both great products.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts