Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
-Addicted to my Six/One Combo-
270 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been talking to the some local dealers and giving them the ole "I can go to Chicago Cycle Center and get X bike for X out the door" and they always tell me that I'll get a good quote, but when I get there they will throw in freight, setup, etc etc and the bike ends up being extremely expensive.

I'm wonder what *your* experience has been with them regarding bike sales.

Thanks in advance!

·
seen 155 want more?
97 Posts
I got the same thing when I called them. I wanted a total price including everything so I would know how much to make the cashiers check out for and they wouldn't deal on the phone.

Call Tom Beagle at Honda east Toledo (419) 891-1230 and tell him Rod Melchert sent you, then he will give you the straight deal and you'll be satisfied.

Just let him know you want the internet price on whatever bike you want.

I have referred a bunch of my pals to him and he always takes care of them.

·
Shack!!!!!!!
46 Posts
Actually, when I've called, I told them I want an OTD price and they gave it to me (With all the queep added). However, I was still able to find better deals closer to home and you can get pretty good discounts on accessories from your local dealer as well. Friends of mine that have gone there actually complain all the time about the crappy service. I guess when you bring that many people in and sell a lot of units you're probably more interested in pumping out numbers. Regardless if they're satisfied or not. Just remember, you get what you pay for. Oh yeah, M&M is a good dealership but they've gotten way expensive in the past few years.

·
-Addicted to my Six/One Combo-
270 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
All I really want to get from a dealership, is a cheap 04 R1 OTD at this point. I'm not looking to drive 2.5 hours when I want to get it serviced or anything.

I'll have to give Honda East Toledo a call, thanks for the heads up!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts