Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
GODSPEED Chad
5,413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just curious to what you are running for each setting for the kill time?

I am looking for at least somewhere to start this weekend at CMP.

·
Super Moderator
45,418 Posts
Kevin,

I don't run one, but did a quick search for you and found that most everybody is recommending 60-65 milliseconds. Hope that helps, and hope you have a good time.

·
I'm getting old
1,502 Posts
Just curious to what you are running for each setting for the kill time?

I am looking for at least somewhere to start this weekend at CMP.
I'm running 50 on my quick shifter.

·
GODSPEED Chad
5,413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Kevin,

I don't run one, but did a quick search for you and found that most everybody is recommending 60-65 milliseconds. Hope that helps, and hope you have a good time.

Thanks bro...I believe I have a bad shift sensor. I set all gears at 90ms for a test today and no shift, dosent even seem to kill the motor at all.

On the rear stand, it will shift just fine, steady throttle 8k all the way to 6th, but there is no load at all on the motor. With my butt in the seat, 1st too 2nd will shift just fine.....the rest nada.....

·
WERA #5
539 Posts
BPD have some self diagnosis, check for the green light to light up on the control box when you hit the sensor. Also the guys who work at Bazzaz are EXTREMLY helpful. last year I had a shift sensor that would trigger when it got warm... the guys at Bazzaz helped diagnos it and sent me an updated sensor.

·
GODSPEED Chad
5,413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks man! I am going to check it during the 1st couple of sessions today. If I cant get it to work, no worries...I got till next Spring.

The times you listed are real close to what I have my Busa set at and it works great, no backfires at all. That is what leads me to believe I have a bad sensor.

·
Forum Moderator
32,430 Posts
Thanks man! I am going to check it during the 1st couple of sessions today. If I cant get it to work, no worries...I got till next Spring.

The times you listed are real close to what I have my Busa set at and it works great, no backfires at all. That is what leads me to believe I have a bad sensor.

Let us know how it went Kevin.

·
GODSPEED Chad
5,413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
It went very well for 2 session, lol....

Lets just say CMP was verrrryyyyy slick today.. Thread coming later.

I did get the shifter working during the 1st session and fine tuned for the next one. On the Busa the BPD will shift at any RPM the R1 must be at at much higher RPM.

I will have to look, but I think I have 1st -2nd set at 65ms, 2nd-3rd 55 ms, 3rd-4th at 50ms and 4th-5th and 5th-6th at 45ms......

·
Forum Moderator
32,430 Posts
If it was cold I bet it was slick. Im looking forward to your right up.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.