Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Cheating death in the "D"
21,086 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Manowar:

For my Comcast ISP I use a Motorola Surfboard DOCSIS 3.0 modem and the new Airport Extreme. I am currently on the 50mb service.

I use a couple different Apple backups methods depending on the machine (Macbook or iMac).

I have all my machines setup with alternating backups to two separate backup sources. For my laptops I use a Drobo NAS with a time machine partition as the primary, and the secondary backup is to an apple wireless time machine. For my iMac I use a firewire 800 external drive as my primary and the Drobo NAS as a secondary backup.

The Drobo NAS is a 15 TB running dual disk redundancy with hot swap drives and a 250gb SSD for hot data caching. This has backups of all my machines and all my streaming media on another partition.

Attachments

·
Cheating death in the "D"
21,086 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
My apple wireless time machine and two airport express are all setup as extensions of the primary wireless network.

My Current operating systems-
OSX El Capitan beta build 15A263e
iOS 9.0 build 13A4325c
Watch 2.0 build 13S5325c

If your not in the Developer program now is the time to get in. Prior to this year it was $99.00 for OS X and $99.00 for iOS, they have now combined them all including the watch OS into a single $99.00 annual fee.

·
11,741 Posts
Thanks Ron. Answered my questions. I'm thinking the Apple Time Capsule won't be my best bet for backup. Too small. I want at least 5GB per machine :thumbup:thumbup

1 - 3 of 3 Posts