Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
SO FAST SO CLEAN
9,698 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Apple builds the Safari browser for the Mac OS. They also have a Window's version out at: http://www.apple.com/safari/download/. I've been using this brower for the past few days and found it actually loads and renders the R1-Forum faster than IE. I'm not a big fan of how the scroll wheel works in the browser, but everything else seems to work great.

·
El Assholio Supremo del Mundo
10,626 Posts
it also renders many pages badly, has quite a few non-complianncy issues with standards, and for many user's has a slew of memory leaks on Windows OS's.

If you want an alternative browser that works, go for Opera or Firefox (the version 3 beta is nearly 3x faster than the current version 2)

·
Life: Comedy or Tragedy?
37,587 Posts
Have they fixed the security holes in Safari yet? I know Firefox is supposed to finally close their long standing security hole within the next couple of days.

·
10,626 Posts
Have they fixed the security holes in Safari yet? I know Firefox is supposed to finally close their long standing security hole within the next couple of days.
there are no security holes in Apple products.
They just work.

·
37,587 Posts

·
you can't have my last beer
3,466 Posts
Firefox v2 is the best browser out there imo. None of them work perfectly, but Firefox works the best for me for the most part.

·
10,626 Posts
Firefox v2 is the best browser out there imo. None of them work perfectly, but Firefox works the best for me for the most part.
if you actually like ver2, then you should try ver3 (beta)
tons quicker and lighter, and no stupid memory leaks (yet).

·
SO FAST SO CLEAN
9,698 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
it also renders many pages badly, has quite a few non-complianncy issues with standards, and for many user's has a slew of memory leaks on Windows OS's.

If you want an alternative browser that works, go for Opera or Firefox (the version 3 beta is nearly 3x faster than the current version 2)
I have been using the Safari browser solid since I posted this thread. I've only found a couple of issues with the browser so far. One of those issues being the "R Link" function on both the R1 and R6 forum. I have yet to see it have any issues rendering pages. As a matter of fact, it renders pages faster than both IE and Firefox. I would be interested in understanding the security hole mentioned. I will do a little research to find out if that still exist.

·
37,587 Posts
The security hole dates back to then Safari was initially released for Windows. Safari had a security hole on MacOS, and the date it was released for Windows, the same security hole was there on Windows. A lot of the technical reporters called that a major flaw and ripped Apple a new one because they released a product with a security hole rather than hold off and release it after fixing it.

·
10,626 Posts
I have been using the Safari browser solid since I posted this thread. I've only found a couple of issues with the browser so far. One of those issues being the "R Link" function on both the R1 and R6 forum. I have yet to see it have any issues rendering pages. As a matter of fact, it renders pages faster than both IE and Firefox. I would be interested in understanding the security hole mentioned. I will do a little research to find out if that still exist.
if your safari is rendering pages faster than your firefox, on windows, then you need to learn a lot about this little thing called "about:config"

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.