Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
SO FAST SO CLEAN
9,698 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Apple builds the Safari browser for the Mac OS. They also have a Window's version out at: http://www.apple.com/safari/download/. I've been using this brower for the past few days and found it actually loads and renders the R1-Forum faster than IE. I'm not a big fan of how the scroll wheel works in the browser, but everything else seems to work great.

·
SO FAST SO CLEAN
9,698 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
it also renders many pages badly, has quite a few non-complianncy issues with standards, and for many user's has a slew of memory leaks on Windows OS's.

If you want an alternative browser that works, go for Opera or Firefox (the version 3 beta is nearly 3x faster than the current version 2)
I have been using the Safari browser solid since I posted this thread. I've only found a couple of issues with the browser so far. One of those issues being the "R Link" function on both the R1 and R6 forum. I have yet to see it have any issues rendering pages. As a matter of fact, it renders pages faster than both IE and Firefox. I would be interested in understanding the security hole mentioned. I will do a little research to find out if that still exist.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.